Regional Manager at Informa (Remote)
Informa PLC is a leading international events, intelligence, and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs, and take better informed decisions. Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Our Guiding Principles: our four guiding principles are a clear statement of what we believe in.
Taken together, they define our goals and provide a focus for all Informa’s activities. The principles give a perspective on our culture and way of working, making the company easier to understand, trust and do business with.
Think big. Act small. We love ambitious thinking and taking bold options. At the same time, we recognise that success also comes from rolling up our sleeves, sweating the details, and taking personal ownership of the things that matter.
Trust must be earned. We don’t just say we’re specialists, we live and breathe the subjects we work in and the communities we work with. By getting closer to our customers and partners, and offering support every step of the way, we build trust and the confidence to rely on us to do the right things, in the right way.
Success is a partnership. We get better answers by combining skills and talents, joining forces, and embracing ideas, wherever they come from. This broadens perspectives, expands horizons, sparks innovation, and keeps our thinking fresh.
More freedom. Fewer barriers. We are light on our feet. We do things swiftly, flexibly and with as few obstacles as possible. Our colleagues have the freedom and autonomy to think fast, act on opportunities and do what is best and most sustainable for us and our customers.Job Description
A new role has been created for the Pharma Portfolio: the Regional Manager is a hybrid role combing sales and strategy for a candidate based in the APAC region.
As a member of our pharma global team in Amsterdam office, the Regional Manager will lead & deliver events and other market related activities in collaboration with our Asia colleagues and partners. A successful candidate will have strong communication skills, enjoy working with multiple cultures, bring new ideas and enjoy working on events and digital products.
The Regional Manager will also be responsible for selling a full range of products ranging from digital subscriptions through to exhibition space. They will have their own client base, as well as a dotted line to clients from our local APAC offices. The Regional Manager is responsible the management and KPI attainment of sales activities relating to specific products, alongside aligning clients’ needs with the most relevant and impactful products we have on offer. They will be required meet customers face to face outside of the “at event” sales activities, by attending competitor shows or customer meetings.
Connecting with the regional stake holders, internally and externally is core to the role. As the event owner, budgeting, pricing, defining long and short-term strategy of our local APAC offices are key responsibilities. Driving the centrally agreed changes and improvements within the region and leading localized initiatives, building the relationship with local and regional associations and key accounts are other important tasks of the role.
Products include lead generation subscription packages, programmatic digital marketing, content-led marketing solutions and exhibition-based products. He/she provides a high standard of customer insight, care, and account management, making full use the knowledge gained from their relationships to sell the full portfolio of products affectively.
This role is perfect for an ambitious and experienced sales professional with a proven commercial record in sales. The Regional Manager will have a knowledge and awareness of the brand industry, which will be developed overtime. Further brand and industry expertise will be developed through collaborating with and learning from the Digitial Sales Manager and Key Account Managers. Maintaining and strengthening the client relationship throughout the year is an important focus, as well as developing an understanding of the customers’ needs and expectations.Qualifications
· 3+ years' experience in a B2B sales and additional +3 years P&L ownership and proven ability to deliver or overachieve on P&L targets
· Experience and eminence in relevant industry or brand knowledge
· Proven ability to manage a range of customer accounts and external stakeholders
· Strong relationship management experience, maintaining customer contact and relevance
· Ability to develop relationships at senior levels and manage customer/partners needs
· Ability to identify and pursue cross / up selling opportunities
· Ability to understand and articulate value proposition and customer ROI
· Ability to negotiate effectively, and proactively handle and respond to customer/stakeholder objections
· Ability to work from a sales and brand plan using direct telesales, direct mail, Internet, social media and printed material and lead other functions like marketing or operations to achieve assigned goals.
· Ability to play an active part in identifying sales opportunities (become familiar with existing and new competitive events to find ‘new’ lead companies)
· Ability to maintain accurate and timely detailed sales reporting/ budgeting and forecasting
· Strong interpersonal skills, confident personality, elevated level of enthusiasm and able to work in matrix organisation
· University Bachelor’s Degree qualification (2:2 or higher)Additional Information
The Regional Manager should be prepared to go the extra mile in every aspect of their work, to be proactive, and to anticipate the needs of their clients.
As a Regional Manager, you will be motivated understand the benefits of that products within the Pharma Portfolio, to discover the business needs of your client, and to bring creativity into your bespoke pitches to ensure success and repeat business from your client base.
Working within a matrix environment, a Regional Manager must be a team player and be proactive in providing valuable insights that help develop the portfolio.
Qualities needed for culture fit: ability to interact professionally with people from diverse cultures at all levels within the business and across its client base.