Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
This role is based in the Great Lakes area: Wisconsin, Indiana, Minnesota, or Ohio
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for managing a regional team of direct report supervisors and external warehouse operations. This critical role will be accountable to implement needed change across our warehouse network to improve customer experience, drive cost savings, reduce quality issues, and lead their direct reports along with cross functional teams to solve complex logistics problems.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Manage and support a regional group of supervisors and their teams.
- Responsible for standardizing best practices in our warehouse operations network.
- Manages the budget and operational efficiencies across the regional warehouse network.
- Manages the design, tracking and execution of warehouse KPI’s (internal and external warehouse).
- Cross functional collaborations with other IBP function areas and other Department teams to maximize efficiencies and costs realized in our supply chain.
- Manages suppliers, relationships and operations of our external warehouses.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy of finished goods.
- Coordinates with Plants, Central Logistics, Quality, Customer Fulfillment, Central Planning, and Sourcing to resolve issues.
- Manage and support our packaging (pallets, sheets, top frames) sorting operations.
- Coordinates with transportation on inbound and outbound shipments of finished goods, raw materials, equipment, scrap, packaging and yard management where applicable.
- Self-motivated to lead projects as needed to addresses issues in our warehouse network
- Must possess strong analytical skills and working knowledge of logistics within the supply chain
- Manages external warehouse onboarding and set up process to include system equipment, install and execution.
- Ensures the accuracy of warehouse related documents, contracts and shipments. Maintains and reports inventory accuracy, aging, HFI, status of finished goods, as well as packaging, dunnage, and raw materials of the plant and external warehouse.
- Identify strategies, create regional action plans, and coordinate with local teams and IBP Logistics.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience.
- Comprehensive Job related experience for 3-5 year(s) minimum (or educational equivalent).
- Managerial experience required.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Ball's internal manufacturing and logistics systems and procedures, business practices, customer and manufacturing needs and expectations.
- Proficient with IT systems and solutions such as: ERPs (i.e. Oracle, JDE) and productivity software (i.e. Excel, Word, and Power Point).
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $86,500 - $132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans