Reference & Resource Librarian at Careerlink (Omaha, NE)
| Omaha, NE
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:30 a.m. (CST) on Monday, April 25, 2022
- Purpose of Job
- Promote and facilitate scholarly engagement by providing access to both traditional and innovative resources. Provide an inviting and welcoming environment for learning and research. Respond to the varying needs of the academic community by involving faculty, students, and administration in the development of assessment of library services and resources.
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in library science or related field required
- Master's degree in Library Science preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum 1 year experience in academic libraries required
- Minimum 1 year experience providing reference services required
- Working knowledge of current library standards, services, and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in bibliographic searching, including knowledge of tools for citation verification.
- Evidence of commitment to service excellence and working in a student-centered environment.
- Professional oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Evidence of professional initiative and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology effectively and to adapt to technological changes.
- Desire and ability to cultivate collaborative working relationships with Office of Student Engagement team and the wider college community.
- Essential Job Functions
- Provide general reference services in-person and virtually including the use of the catalog, searching databases, and other research activities.
- Create, support, and assess information literacy program by providing library instruction to undergraduate courses in classrooms, new student orientation and other events.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to provide workshops and other learning initiatives for the college community.
- Participate in assessment of library services including, but not limited to service, resource engagement, ILL, electronic resources, and information literacy.
- Coordinate acquisition, evaluation, marketing, and maintenance of the library's e-resources.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve access issues for e-resources.
- Maintain documentation of e-resource and Interlibrary Loan policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with faculty to evaluate, select, and usage of print, electronic, and audiovisual library resources and equipment reflective of current and emerging academic needs.
- Assist library director in organizing and maintaining the library website and organizational Intranets.
- Create user-centered videos, handouts, tip sheets, and other learning objects.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, and best practices in academic library technology and e-resource management, identifying relevant initiatives for local implementation.
- Use resource sharing and management tools, specifically OCLC Worldshare and DOCLINE, to process, route, and monitor both lending and borrowing requests.
- Ensure compliance with copyright law and licensing agreements.
More Information on Careerlink
Careerlink operates in the HR Tech industry. The company is located in Omaha, NE. Careerlink was founded in 1992. It has 16 total employees. To see all 450 open jobs at Careerlink, click here.
Read Full Job Description