Reconditioning Operations Manager at SHIFT (Sacramento, CA)
The Auto Operations Manager role will run a team of ~50 people across two locations. Recon Operations Manager is responsible for effective day to day management of associates, processing volume and quality along with cost metrics. Candidate will have experience leading a large organization with effective strategies based on lean processing fundamentals, and the implementation of new processes and countermeasures as needed to achieve targets.
- Leadership experience managing diverse teams of 50+ people, 5-10 years of experience
- Experience in building and managing high-performance teams
- Bachelor's degree
- Car processing experience e.g. at Carmax, Drivetime, car rental company or other fleets
- Strong drive for continuous improvement
- Comfortable with managing complex processes
- Hands-on mentality, someone who is not afraid to jump in at any stage of a process when needed
- Google/Office experience
- Docs - Candidate can create and manage Docs that are clear and concise. They can use items such as links and comments to collaborate with outside team members.
- Spreadsheets - Candidate has the ability to use spreadsheets to quantify numbers, organize information, share data with others, and assess data in order to make recommendation and proposals.
- Presentations - Candidate will need to be able to create decks with written and visual information to use for communication to groups and for training purposes.
- Organizational experience
- Schedules - Create and maintain the schedule for all team members broken into Departments. The schedule will need to outline expected labor against actual labor to account for sick time and vacations, as well as potential attendance issues.
- ADP- Candidate will need to manage work hour approvals, Vacations, sick time, and leaves through work log portal.
- Countermeasures - Create workaround plans when there are barriers that prevent normal processing strategy to be implemented.
- Planning - Manager will need to provide daily game plans to the team outlining which units will become sellable and their path to meeting those targets.
- Written - Effective and concise emails and proposals to support strategy, scheduling, adjustments, and feedback.
- Verbal - Ability to communicate high level thought process and ideas in a way that is easy to digest. Can articulate ideas both upwards and to employees.
- Driving the business
- Understands reports and data, and can create action plans based on them. Can spin up Countermeasures that can be added to affect daily output and weekly deficiencies as they arise.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and SLAs for vendors. This includes parts, sublet, 3rd party and on-site vendors. Feedback to Vendors when quality and quantity are also important to overall success with specifics and key performance metrics.
- People Management and Leadership
- Performance management - Support a culture of consistent feedback to other departments and team members to ensure that there is a culture of sustainable success.
- Hiring Labor as needed and managing poor performers through state and federal required fair labor laws
Shift is a leading end-to-end auto ecommerce platform transforming the used car industry with a technology-driven, hassle-free customer experience. Our mission is to make buying or selling a used car fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. Having gone public in October 2020, we are at the beginning of our journey and hope you join us for the ride!
At Shift, we’re all about growth - we are a culture of people who are eager to grow, who are ready to roll up their sleeves and learn new things. We were founded by a scrappy group of visionaries who were by no means “car experts” but who had the desire to work together to change an industry. We’ll take the open-minded go-getter over the pure subject matter expert any day.
We also believe cars are meant for everyone, so our company should be, too. We never discriminate against any candidate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds and walks of life to apply, even if you’re unsure if you meet all the requirements.
Location: 175 Commerce Circle // Sacramento, CA 95815