Raw Materials Sourcing Manager at FIGS
The Raw Materials Sourcing Manager is the link between the fabric mills and the garment factory. This person is responsible for ensuring all fabric ships on time and to spec, every single time.
- Manage booking mill capacity at all raw material suppliers globally. Actualize capacity booked against projections.
- Establish materials planning process with all replenishment fabrics and injection fabrics. Roll out materials planning for trims as needed.
- Ensure all bulk fabrics meet FIGS performance testing requirements prior to XM date
- Ensure all bulk fabrics pass FIGS QC 4pt inspection prior to XM date
- Partners with sourcing specialist and colorist on approvals and fabric ship dates to ensure bulk production schedule is maintained
- Ensure on time delivery of materials to various production facilities by maintaining fabric WIP reports
- Build and maintain bulk fabric and trim library as resource for Production
- Guide team on production care label instructions; partner with sourcing specialist to ensure care instructions are accurate
- Manage production liability catalog and communicate to cross functional team monthly
- College degree in apparel/textiles, manufacturing, or related experience
- 7 years’ experience in material forecasting and/or production
- Proficient in industry performance testing standards and protocols
- Knowledgeable of garment and material manufacturing processes, bulk manufacturing, cost drivers, lead times & sourcing strategy
- Strong attention to detail, active follow-through, assertiveness, self-motivation and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to build strong relationships & maintain alignment with internal & external, cross functional partners
- Agile and Flexible - our pace and process is fast and every changing, must be able to manage multiple projects and problems under time pressure
- Positive and solution minded
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.