Raw Materials Assistant at FIGS
FIGS is looking for a Fabric R&D Associate to join the team! This role will collaborate between brand, mills, and suppliers to meet calendar deadlines surrounding fabric sourcing and development. They will ensure all fabrications meet FIGS performance attributes, testing requirements and sustainability requirements. We are looking for someone with a strong technical knowledge of fabric, yarn, dyeing, functional finishing processes and its testing standards.
What you’ll be doing:
- Source, research and develop fabrics originating from global markets and communicate findings to U.S. home office including; actual samples, costing, lead-times and all required FDS information.
- Work with the design team and Fabric RD Director on developing new novelty and core updates for key meetings and seasonal presentations.
- Complete development sheets/send outgoing developments based on Fabric Director’s allocation and brand strategy
- Review incoming developments and make comments based on design feedback.
- Collaborate between brand, mills, and suppliers to meet calendar deadlines surrounding fabric sourcing and development.
- Develop and maintain relationships with mills and suppliers to ensure successful business partnerships.
- Support the cross functional teams at the fabric level of new projects ( CSI, 3D modelling etc. )
- Organize and maintain fabric development (WIP) and benchmarking tools.
- Ensure all fabrications meet FIGS performance attributes, testing requirements and sustainability requirements (wicking, odor management, UPF, etc)
- Ensure on time delivery of materials to various production facilities by maintaining fabric WIP reports
- Build and maintain a fabric library of core/new fabrics in the office
- 4-5 years of experience in sourcing department
- Strong technical knowledge of fabric, yarn, dyeing, functional finishing processes and its testing standards
- College degree in apparel/textiles, manufacturing, or related experience
- Ability to build strong relationships & maintain alignment with internal & external, cross functional partners
- Agile and Flexible- must be able to manage multiple projects and problems under time pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience on activewear/functional fabrics is preferred
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.