Rating Specialist at CNA
Under general supervision handles new business rating transactions including but not limited to new business quotes new business rating or pricing revisions and new business policy issuance for two or more lines of business within Commercial or Specialty Lines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews incoming business transactions and related information for completeness accuracy and quality.
- Works with underwriter underwriting technician distributors and other areas to resolve any discrepancies and process new business related transactions and insurance policies in a timely manner.
- Performs rating re-rating pricing and third party data gathering and validation to support new business quotes and policy issuance for multiple lines of business. Performs manual rating functions for non-system supported coverages.
- Gathers third party data and insurance application data to record information in predictive modeling tools that enable the underwriter new business risk selection and pricing decision process.
- Data gathering includes reviewing exposures loss experience and other account information to ensure accurate entry to underwriting proprietary tools and models.
- Regularly reviews department processing guidelines and procedures and provides recommendations as necessary to modify existing guidelines to ensure accuracy.
- Determines workflow activities required to process insurance policy based on line of business.
- Responds to policy service requests from underwriters agents and brokers of for all levels of complexity across multiple lines of business.
- May distribute quote letters or insurance policies to agents brokers underwriters or insureds as directed by underwriters or standardized processes.
- May participate in quality and productivity reviews and provides feedback to management.
- May train less experienced staff and acts as a resource for questions.
- Supervisor or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of insurance industry and its products and services.
- Subject matter expertise for rate and premium calculation processes.
- Expert user of Company proprietary rating and policy administration systems.
- Detail oriented with solid analytical and computational skills.
- Strong written verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Customer Service skills consistently delivering on commitments.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work with demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other business related software.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma GED or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum 3 years of multi-line commercial or specialty lines policy processing and rating experience.