Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of over 20 health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employee-owners are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth… You should definitely keep reading.
We’re Looking For A: QA Document Control Specialist who will be responsible for cataloging and organizing all required Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the manufacturing and warehouse facilities. This position will manage all document change requests and ensure revised documentation contains all requirements per applicable regulations. Will retain documentation generated for manufacturing/warehouse procedures in an organized fashion so documentation may be referenced quickly upon request. Supports Quality Managers during all audits and provides documentation as needed. Will oversee all training records and ensure all personnel have appropriate training records on file.
Location: Remote or Richfield, WI
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manages document life cycles and SOP database for manufacturing/warehouse facilities
- Manages document change requests
- Manages all supplier documentation and ensures documents remain current; coordinates with suppliers to obtain updated documentation as needed
- Supports Quality Managers during all regulatory, corporate, and certification audits
- Assists in the development of training modules and qualification curriculums
- Ensures all employees have acceptable training documentation on file as required per their position
- Organizes and retains all documentation produced during processes (i.e. Sanitation Forms, COAs, Returns, Quality Inspection, Labeling projects, etc.)
- May be required to author or revise documentation as needed
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Strong organizational prowess and ability to prioritize several tasks appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, and a safety mindset
- 3-5 years’ experience in Document Control role
- Proficiency to write SOPs in cohesive manner with easy-to-understand instruction
- Knowledge of Food/Supplement Warehouse (CFR 21 Part 111) and Manufacturing (CFR 21 Part 507) Regulations\
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, GSuite
- Food/supplement warehouse and/or pet food manufacturing industry experience
- High school Diploma or GED Equivalent, Bachelor's Degree preferred
Why Golden Hippo:
We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant, innovative, transparent, and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees are not only valued but celebrated. Here are just a few examples of how we make sure Golden Hippo’s culture is one-of-a-kind…
- 100% employer-paid benefits. Yes, 100% employer-paid.
- Flexible work arrangements available for most positions.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP: Retirement Plan funded by company contributions of company stock.)
- Global Charity Impact: We’ve donated over $4.9 million to global charities to date.
- Generous matching 401K plan.
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
- Room for growth and results-based pay increases.
- Multiple Learning and Development programs like our Mentorship Program, Management Training Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and more.
- Recognition Programs like our Win of the Week, Spot Bonus, and Shoutouts Program.
- Company events like happy hours, annual holiday party, Halloween party, and more.
- Golden Hippo HQ: Free on-site gym, and fully-stocked kitchen.
Check out our LinkedIn profile to see all of these perks, benefits, and programs in action!
Our Award-Winning Culture:
- Best Places to Work in Los Angeles 2022 - Built In
- 100 Best Large Companies to Work For - Built In
- Best Outlook 2022 - Comparably
- Best Places to Work in Los Angeles 2022 - Comparably
- Best Marketing Teams 2021 - Comparably
- Best Company Career Growth 2021 - Comparably
- Best Company Perks & Benefits 2021 - Comparably
Here’s proof: Built in LA & Comparably
Our Hiring Practices:
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age, ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.The California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) requires all employers with at least five employees to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with either mental or physical disabilities. If you require extra accommodations during the interview process, please reach out to our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected].
Just So You Know:
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.