Publicity Consultant at Glowforge (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:11 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 24, 2022
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything. We'd love to have you join us.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Why we need you
We need you to make Glowforge a household name.
Specifically, we need your expertise getting publicity. You know how to take an idea and get other folks to talk about it. Your past projects have succeeded because you are just so dang good at attracting attention.
We’re a hardware company, not a marketing company, which is why we need your ability to operate independently on a small team. We don’t believe in million-dollar agencies with fancy slide decks – we prefer to find the smartest person around, give ‘em clear goals, and let them run with it.
We think that’s you.
NOTE: We strongly believe that in a role like this, your successes in other fields are transferable. Whether your resumé is full of PR roles, writer bylines, or heck, managing a touring bluegrass-disco fusion band, we think you’ll be able to help us create a world where anyone can print anything.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- You’ll be turning what we do all day into stories that people care about. Working with team leaders and executives to put it all together.
- You’ll be pitching stories to press and anyone else with an audience who cares about creating things.
More specifically, you’ll:
- Write stories for public consumption (press releases, blog posts, media prep).
- Pitch stories in the usual ways (and hopefully unusual ways! Please find a way to expense one of those airplanes that write in the sky.)
- Work with the Growth Marketing team on a daily basis.
- Work with our CEO for press opportunities.
You need these qualifications:
- Experience successfully pitching/promoting. We’re flexible about what: startup/tech is great, but what’s most important is that you tell great stories that get people to listen.
- Tippity-top notch writing. You’re a clear, energetic, interesting writer. People remember reading your emails.
- Proven ability to thrive in environments with a high volume and fast pace of work.
It would be nice if…
- You have previous startup experience
- You have previous tech experience
- You have press experience, either on the PR side or the editorial side.
Equal opportunity employment
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at [email protected] We hope you can join us.
More Information on Glowforge
Glowforge operates in the 3D Printing industry. The company is located in Seattle, WA. Glowforge was founded in 2014. It has 188 total employees. To see all 14 open jobs at Glowforge, click here.
Read Full Job Description