Public Sector Operations Director at Palo Alto Networks (Washington DC)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
We are looking for a highly motivated, results oriented Contracts & Operations Director to join our organization. The primary focus of this position will be to support our public sector (Federal & SLED) sales organization through contract administration, managing compliance processes and helping implement public sector programs and initiatives. The right person for this job has a team player approach, the ability to work across departments with disparate needs, excels at problem solving through critical analysis, and takes initiative to improve processes and inefficiencies.
- Be a sales advocate and partner to internal organizations to understand contract requirements, structure, business terms and identify potential risks and/or opportunities that can affect performance, growth, and strategic positioning
- Responsible for maintaining reseller & distributor relationships under public sector contracts
- Responsible for producing monthly & quarterly contract reporting where necessary
- Responsible for ensuring document retention (i.e. contract price files & contract documentation) in accordance with applicable internal and external policies
- Partner with internal stakeholders (i.e. capture managers, distribution management) to provide RFP/RFI and proposal support where necessary
- Collaborate with impacted parties to generate required documents to facilitate deal closure
- Ensure required approvals, such as discounts and contractual terms, are obtained and clearly documented
- Evaluate current processes and offer recommendations for areas of improvement
- Ensure compliance requirements are met with awarded Federal contracts
- Ensure that all transactions adhere to internal revenue recognition policies and operational guidelines
- Lead ad-hoc projects as required
- Promote ethical ways of working through acting as a clear role model and build a shared understanding of why ethics and compliance are important to the business including federal contract and operations compliance
- Help identify and raise ethics and compliance risk issues so that the business can take action and ensure that the right controls are in place to mitigate against those risks
- Assist the business in mitigating risks identified
- Promote ethical leadership by supporting, encouraging and advising others within the business on ethics and compliance issues that arise, so that they are addressed in a consistent and responsive manner
- Encourage employees to speak up about ethics and compliance issues using any means possible, to include talking to their manager, Human Resources, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer or the external hotline
- 10+ years of experience (preferably in a tech environment, and in a Sales Operations or Financial role)
- Contract and operations experience - experience managing Federal/Defense contracts
- Strong program management skills
- Strong Public Sector RFP management skills
- Experience working with Public Sector customers (Fed, State, Local & Education) is critical
- Advanced skills with MS-Excel are highly recommended
- Demonstrated capability to build strong working relationships with internal business units
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with data analysis, modeling and/or financial analysis
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), as well as problem-solving skills
- Bachelor Degree required (preferred Business or Finance)
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $167,200/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.