Proposal Manager at Planet (Remote)
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Proposal Manager will lead the development of solicited and unsolicited proposals, deal review committee scheduling, win wire preparation, and vendor registration management in support of the global Sales Team. For this role, you can translate your expertise in these areas into world class and timely proposal responses, content development, reporting, and sales enablement materials. You will collaborate across our sales, finance, operations, legal, product, engineering, and program management teams to develop compliant and compelling proposals and customer facing documentation.
As part of the global Sales Operations team, the Proposal Manager will be a creative thinker and problem solver with strong interpersonal skills, allowing them to navigate the broader customer lifecycle process while maintaining a strong and productive rapport with the Sales team. The Proposal Manager may also supervise and lead additional proposal support personnel as the team grows.
The key responsibilities include writing, editing, and formatting solicited and unsolicited proposals; managing win wire preparation; facilitating deal review committee scheduling; and managing the vendor registration process. You will drive content development and management, proposal process improvements, and proposal training. In addition, you will work with Sales and Technical SMEs to articulate Planet product features and benefits to customers.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Work with Sales and other teams to develop, manage and drive proposal generation, client facing documentation and enablement materials
- Create, edit, and manage content for internal and external audiences
- Become a go-to resource for Sales with regards to up-to-date sales content, vendor registration process, deal committee scheduling, and win wire process
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Sales, Product, Legal, Finance) to ensure that all deals align with Planet strategies and guidelines
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Sales, Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance, and Engineering teams
What You Bring:
- 5 - 7 years experience in proposal and/or grants management, product marketing, technical writing, communications or business strategy and development
- Experience managing complex public sector, academic, and/or commercial proposals
- Experience developing customer facing documentation including: white-papers, proposals, and presentations
- Comfortable collaborating and communicating with Executive level decision makers
- Flexibility and willingness to step outside of traditional roles as needed in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with RFP Response Management Software, e.g. Loopio or RFPIO
- Advanced knowledge in the use of content development tools including Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and Adobe products
- Familiarity with CRM tracking, reports, and dashboards
- Experience working with cloud storage, imagery or with geographical information systems
- Experience supporting geographically diverse teams and customers
- Must have the ability to multitask and meet short timelines/deadlines; at times have the ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends., and holidays to meet proposal deadlines and support global team
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Demonstrated success working directly with global customers and users
- Experience managing complex government, academic, and/or enterprise level proposals and use cases
- Graphic design and development experience
- Large-scale project management experience
- APMP certification
- Language capabilities - Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, and/or Arabic
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $81,000 - $159,000. This role is eligible for bonus and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.#LI-REMOTE#LI-AP1