Proposal Coordinator at OpenGov (Tampa Bay, FL)
| Tampa Bay, FL
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:48 a.m. (CST) on Friday, June 10, 2022
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,100+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Proposal Coordinator role:
Under the supervision of the RFP Program Manager, the Proposal Coordinator will be responsible for working directly with the Marketing and Sales Teams to develop high-quality, compelling proposals and responses to Requests-for-Proposals (“RFPs”). As a key driver in both Marketing and Sales Team initiatives, this role plays a critical part in increasing annual recurring revenue and new business for the company. This position involves close collaboration with each team of the Go-To-Market organization.
Proposal Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Oversee the entire RFP lifecycle process, from initial intake and qualification to proposal development and final submission in alignment with strict RFP timelines.
• Create high-quality and compelling proposals that meet & exceed evaluators’ expectations.
• Moderate and audit the RFP content library; work closely with company Subject Matter Experts to update content as needed Drive the focus of the
• RFP response strategy on opportunities that closely align with OpenGov’s Product-Market Fit (PMF) and Ideal Customer Profile (ICP).
• Identify exceptions within contractual documentation and Terms & Conditions included with RFPs; work with OpenGov’s General Counsel to flag contractual concerns prior to proposal submission.
• Research competitor proposals, evaluation scorecards, and bid tabulations via FOIA requests for win/loss analysis and strategic takeaways.
• Create meaningful improvements by developing new strategies and processes for more efficiently and effectively partnering with the Sales organization.
• Draft and update proposal templates and other external-facing RFP documentation as needed.
• Proposal writing, grant writing, and/or contract management experience required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 1-3 years experience in Sales, Marketing, and/or Legal preferred.
• Experience working with government procurement and/or the public sector in general preferred.
• Able to process and understand complex, highly technical information to translate into easy-to-understand, yet well-written content for a non-technical audience required.
• Strong knowledge of grammatical rules and experience with editing and formatting long-form pieces of content required.
• Strong PC knowledge including proficiency in Google Docs, Adobe, MS Word, and MS Excel required.
• Working knowledge of proposal workflow automation/content management systems such as RFPio, Loopio, Qvidian, etc. preferred.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $200 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (six consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More Information on OpenGov
OpenGov operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Redwood City, CA. OpenGov was founded in 2022. It has 300 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 31 open jobs at OpenGov, click here.
Read Full Job Description