Property Manager - Indianapolis at Roofstock
| Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:16 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 17, 2022
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $135M to date and have offices across the US in Oakland, CA, Dallas, TX and New York, NY with approximately 500 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We've built an amazing culture where everyone has a voice. We're nice. We get things done. We have fun. We believe in work-life balance (yes, you can really take a vacation). And our values are pretty B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don't be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what's next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
The Property Manager position is responsible for the management of a portfolio of single family homes. They will be the owner of the market, responsible for local market operations and knowing everything about the homes. The ideal candidate for this role will have property manager experience and a real estate license. They will be expected to understand the financial performance of the market and to drive its success. Reporting directly to the Regional Portfolio Manager, they will provide oversight of the day-to-day operational activities in the market and regular reporting of performance and success.
What You Will Do
- Maximize operational efficiencies of properties to reduce operating expenses and increase ROI.
- Manage financial performance of the portfolio.
- Maintain occupancy levels to meet financial goals.
- Handle property inspections as needed, assisting in determination of turn scope, confirmation of turn completion, pricing, and conditions where DOM is high.
- Oversee all property related pricing including acquisition, sales, leasing and renewals
- Stay up to date on any information and trends impacting sales and rentals in your market such as seasonal/neighborhood trends, one-off impacts, and local regulation.
- Retain thorough knowledge of all properties within the portfolio, including specific features such as bed, baths, and amenities.
- Maximize revenue by looking for potential rent increase opportunities.
- Work with the Regional Turn Manager and local vendors to minimize R&M expenses.
- Provide rehab recommendations to maximize rent and appeal to potential residents and minimize expenses.
- Handle prospect and tenant communication where a licensed agent is required.
- Handle escalated situations and communications.
- Ensure home condition is satisfactory prior to move-in.
- Promote positive, harmonious relations between staff, vendors and residents.
- Provide general oversight of property maintenance and handle challenging maintenance issues.
- Attend court where required.
- Provide regular reporting and updates for all properties within the region.
What You Bring With You
- Real Estate Sales License for Indiana or on your way to becoming licensed is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a property management role
- College degree preferred
- Strong background in client relations and customer services
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
- Highly motivated individual with strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
More Information on Roofstock
Roofstock operates in the Real Estate industry. The company is located in Oakland, CA and Dallas, TX. Roofstock was founded in 2015. It has 229 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 77 open jobs at Roofstock, click here.
Read Full Job Description