Role: Property Adjuster Team Lead
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Claims Manager
Hippo is modernizing the home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
About This Role
We’re seeking an experienced Property Adjuster Team Lead to handle homeowner claims involving multiple states. You’ll be able to use your expert discernment in handling each case, but you’ll also lead a team you can rely to help come up with innovative solutions. Hippo is proud to leverage technology to be able to process claims expeditiously, which means little to no travel is required. Day to day, this Property Adjuster will work with customers over the phone to provide excellent customer service and coordinate the inspection process as well as payments for losses.
- Empathetic, dedicated to understanding the needs of our customers
- Critical Thinker, has the ability to recognize irregularities and prevent fraud
- Enthusiastic about working for a company focused on disrupting the norm
- People Manager who enjoys helping and developing others
- Overachiever who is driven to exceed expectations
- Manages a team of experienced Property Adjusters
- Makes prompt contact with customers to set expectations, develop an action plan, and perform an initial exposure assessment
- Investigates claim damages and situation using internal and external resources
- Determines policy coverage through analyzing investigation data and policy terms
- Explains coverage to policyholders providing excellent customer service
- Assign vendors for field work
- Maintains electronic records that accurately and thoroughly document all file handling activity
- Determines and negotiates settlement amounts for damages claimed within assigned authority limits, escalating to management if need be or issuing payments accordingly
- Ensures regular and timely follow-up and brings claims to prompt and appropriate conclusion while keeping the customer informed throughout the life cycle of the claim process
- Minimum 5 years experience in desk adjusting
- Prior experience managing teams of Adjusters is highly preferred
- Texas adjusters license required
- Strong understanding of claims processes and policy language
- Property background is strongly preferred
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
- Superb phone skills and quality customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.