Promotion Operations Specialist (Remote) at Informa
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.Job Description
We have an exciting opportunity for a Promotion Operations Specialist to join our advanced learning team. The main purpose of the role is to manage, plan, develop and execute promotional offers and discount codes using internal tools.
Reporting to the Senior Customer Acquisition Manager you will work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to manage, execute, and analyze promotional campaigns and discount strategies. You will also advise stakeholders on their discounting strategy, using data to recommend the optimal promo mechanic for the market's business objective, and providing hands-on execution support to launch. This role will work closely with our eCommerce team on day-to-day tasks and larger projects
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced channel manager or operations specialist with a team player mindset to support Routledge in the next stage of growth.
CLOSING DATE: May 10th 2022
What you'll be doing:
- Build, test and launch promotions and discounts using internal tools ensuring SLAs are met
- Use data to analyze the effectiveness of different offer types/discount depth and mechanics providing visibility and transparency on how discounts are being used and the impact they’re driving
- Work with the Senior eCommerce Manager and Senior Customer Acquisition manager to run governance processes and have a tighter oversight of discount strategies across the business
- Manage relationship with external agency and other external stakeholders
- Work with internal stakeholders on promotional and discount strategies
- Address and resolve issues identified by internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with our eCommerce team on day-to-day tasks and larger projects
- Provide competitor analyses and insights to help the business understand the market landscape and gaps to competition
- Get involved with different projects as and when is necessary to help drive business growth
What we're looking for:
Knowledge and experience:
- 2 -3 years experience in e-commerce, channel management or operations
- Confident with analytics tools and a strong understanding of tracking and conversion optimization
- An analytical approach to reporting on results so that plans and tactics can be developed and improved
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide clear guidance and support to others so best practice can be easily understood and achieved and to collaborate confidently with a range of internal stakeholders
- A track record of working both autonomously and in a team; and removing obstacles that prevent progress from being made toward objectives
- The flexibility to work in new areas and develop new skills to support business growth
- Excellent time management skills; experience in working to deadlines
Skills and Behaviors:
- Brings enthusiasm, passion, and a natural curiosity to the day-to-day work
- Commercially driven; desires to beat the competition & put results at the heart of everything they do
- A self-starter that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Articulate and persuasive; able to get buy-in for new ideas and/or trying a different approach
- Collaborative and emotionally intelligent; prefers working with others and naturally gravitates toward teamwork; capable of building effective relationships with stakeholders across offices and remotely
- Capable of embracing tasks and duties that are outside of the scope of typical responsibilities of your role
What we're offering:
- Annual salary of circa $70,000
- Ample paid time off
- Sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Paid leave for life events such as moving or wedding
- Medical & vision benefits
- 4 volunteering days per year
- Day off for your birthday
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working schedule
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
You must have the right to live and work in the US
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.