Project Manager - Customer Operations at Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Customer Team is seeking a Commercialization Manager/Project Manager to join our Customer Operations Team. The CM team has a significant impact on our internal teams and our customers, ensuring changes to our product are set up for success.
What you'll do here:
- Reporting to the Customer Team, Commercialization Managers work within Product Domains and/or Squads to coordinate commercialization efforts around product releases, marketing initiatives or internal releases.
- Develop and maintain GTMC strategy program management across business units
- Partner with Product and Project management to build and maintain GTMC plans, creating a layer of accountability across all planning and execution stages to ensure a successful commercialization plan
- Hold cross-functional teams accountable for delivery and engaging cross-functional stakeholders as necessary to drive success and sales/market readiness
- Coordinate various Customer Team services for Product Domains and/or Squads, including insights sessions, user acceptance testing, Customer Team analytics, and reporting
- Work closely with Customer Team Release Management Program staff to ensure readiness to support customer facing products, features, and changes
- Develop and implement operational tools, templates, and playbooks to help coordinate efforts across multiple teams and to assist with communication across GTMC programs
- Proactively identify risks, roadblocks, dependencies or other challenges to successful execution. Be a driving agent for resolving all potential impediments to a successful release
- Manage multiple Commercialization efforts at a time, balancing the priorities of the business
- Connect with executives and stakeholders on project status and timelines during implementation
- Create a shared narrative, manage important milestones, track progress, communicate status to stakeholders, and ensure the plan succeeds
- Build and manage appropriate feedback cycles from internal customers and stakeholders that improve the go-to-market process
- 4+ years experience as a Program, Project, Product Manager or similar role with strong program management experience leading product launches
- Exceptional people skills with a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects through influence and communication towards coordinated task completion
- Demonstrated skills at building strong working relationships and influencing partners at all levels; has passion and convictions and the innate ability to encourage passion in others
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with multiple priorities while driving projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous and constantly evolving work environment
- Demonstrable analytical skills using data to derive impactful insights and drive decisions in a business environment
- Knowledge of typical activities related to the product release lifecycle and product commercialization
- Organized with rigorous attention to detail, drive for excellence, and positive “can-do” approach
- Sound business judgment and ability to make tradeoffs and prioritization decisions that help the business
- Respect for colleagues and partners: must work well in a matrixed environment
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if:
- You have formal project management training
- Experience troubleshooting customer issues
- You have first-hand experience working with small businesses
- You have used Mailchimp
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.