Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we've built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We're growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
We're looking for an experienced Program Manager to join our growing Research team. The team focuses on systematically understanding how people interact with financial products and how they think and feel about money, and our Program Managers enable the team to scale our operations and insights along with our user base and product. You'll do this by problem-solving operational hurdles to enable Researcher's to do their most impactful work, and connecting teams and knowledge within Robinhood.
In this role, you'll establish and maintain team-wide programs and operations, including creating and managing processes to support research logistics for the team. The ideal candidate is a problem solver who takes responsibility and ownership to make processes or programs run smoothly, and who has the ability to understand the team's needs and dynamics, including as they evolve. This role requires some project management experience, as well as a general sense of the research process, and research's impact on product design and development. Strong organization skills, communication skills, and the ability to manage complex logistics are mandatory.
This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Acting as the program lead and project manager for research programs, building out and creating resources for programs such as research best practices, onboarding, processes and vendor management
- Creating, maintaining, and refining programs and initiatives, establishing operational systems and outcomes
- Facilitating recurring meetings, team health workshops, and team events
- Coordinating resources across multiple projects and teams
- Predicting roadblocks and obstacles and establishes meetings or integration points between teams. Prioritizes competing needs with good reasoning and creative solutions
- Creating and manages processes and relationships between Research and cross-functional partners, including e.g., compliance, legal, security
- Identifying the need for new internal processes, templates, and guidelines to improve team efficiency, and refine and optimize processes and documentation over time
- Tracking and manages research operational items (e.g. NDAs, gift cards, facilities requests)
- Improving and standardizing our research process, including tools, templates, processes and schedules.
- Highlighting timely issues that researchers face, and taking quick action to resolve these issues
- Finding and implementing new ways to improve the effectiveness and development of the research team (e.g., conferences, speakers, training, new tools, etc.)
- Driving company-wide initiatives (e.g., OKR setting and scoring) within the research team
- 2+ years experience as a producer, project manager, or program manager with a background in operations, supporting teams, and developing relationships
- Experience working with research/user experience or related teams
- Track record of operating independently, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Experience in a fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, and experience identifying problems and working toward solutions
- Communication skills for interacting with researchers or other internal stakeholders and study participants
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission-we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job's working model.