Program Experience Coordinator, Venture Café Miami - Miami, FL
| Miami, FL
Do you thrive working on programs and events with impact? Are you looking to make a difference in your start-up community? Do you want to help connect entrepreneurs, students, researchers, creatives, corporates and investors to make things happen? Yes? Then you belong at Venture Café!
At Venture Café we believe that one day, across the world, we will all participate equally in the process of innovation - making our world a better place. To achieve this purpose we are building a global community of innovators that provides open access to capital in a multitude of ways; human, social, economic, intellectual and political, to solve our community’s most pressing challenges.
That’s exactly why we need you. Are you ready to help us make an impact?
ABOUT VENTURE CAFÉ MIAMI
Venture Café Miami was founded in 2016 and has built a strong reputation in Miami as an ecosystem leader - cultivating a community of over 50,000 engaged and supportive innovators.
Venture Café Miami has facilitated over 3,400 hours of educational sessions and established 1,000 partnerships for a diverse demographic of over 70% people of color and 49% women.
At Venture Café Miami, we partner with companies and organizations that are evolving business, education, technology, social justice, science and the arts within Miami and beyond. The weekly Thursday Gathering convenes hundreds of creative, resourceful people who are just as invested in improving life on this planet as you are.
ABOUT VENTURE CAFÉ GLOBAL INSTITUTE (VCGI)
Venture Café Miami is part of the growing Venture Café Global Institute (VCGI), and that means you will be, too!
What began in 2009 as a simple idea within the Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC) in Massachusetts to better connect people, ideas and resources soon became a movement. Today, Venture Café helps change-makers connect to opportunities locally and globally in Boston, St. Louis, Rotterdam, Miami, Tokyo, Philadelphia, Sydney, Providence, Warsaw, Phoenix, and Monterrey, with more sites in development!
Since 2009, Venture Café has convened over 550,000 innovators, creatives, developers and civic-minded leaders around the world, building a global community of communities.
At VCGI, we believe if we’re going to solve humankind’s biggest challenges, we need as many entrepreneurs and innovators as possible involved in that process.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
We are looking for a curious doer to join our fun team to coordinate an impactful program for a community of innovators at the Venture Café’s flagship weekly event, the Thursday Gathering.
The role of the Program Experience Coordinator is to support the execution of the Thursday Gathering, including the following:
• Program and speaker coordination before, during and after the event.
• Web, email and Social event promotion on Venture Café Miami communication channels.
• Track and measure program engagement and community experience, extracting insights for improvements.
• Coordination of local Venture Café Ambassadors to assist the Thursday Gatherings.
• Connect with the Venture Café Global Institute to share learnings to support the relationship between Venture Café Miami and its global counterparts.
• Identify and mitigate risks to the effective operation of the Thursday Gathering.
• Collaborate with the awesome CIC St. Miami team to ensure a delightful event experience.
Physical activities on the job: Frequent use of hands for fine motor work and mid to full vision. This position regularly includes hosting events in our spaces, necessitating moving around our spaces and lifting/moving AV equipment, tables, and chairs. This position also requires significant time working on a computer and navigating between different documents and platforms.
You have experience creating marketing campaigns, coordinating programs and events and bringing a creative, flexible approach to your work. You have a long-term commitment and passion for mission driven work, which will give you the drive to deliver successful events and gatherings for Venture Café Miami.
Your strong customer service focus and ability to problem solve will set you up for success in this position. You are comfortable with failure and committed to improvement, with a relentless, obsessive attention to detail.
More specifically, you thrive in:
• Executing events or programs activities.
• Creating content for social media and email marketing.
• Envisioning, developing and implementing innovative program experiences.
• Connecting with a broad cross-section of the community.
• Utilizing space in creative and engaging ways.
• Communicating and promoting programs through digital media channels.
• Availability to work at the weekly Venture Café Thursday Gathering from 3-8 pm.
• Comfort in Google Apps and a willingness to learn customized Salesforce and WordPress platforms.
• Strong writing skills and experience managing social media platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
• Comfort speaking in a formal and informal setting.
• An interest in Miami’s start-up community, key influencers, networks and organizations.
• Awareness of and sensitivity to a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational, customer service, communication and problem-solving skills.
If you don't meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring some other unique skills and experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply and highlight those attributes for us in your cover letter.
• Starting compensation is $53,570 per year.
• 100% company paid premium healthcare and dental benefits.
• 100% company paid long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
• 401k (must be 21+).
• Two weeks of vacation (more with seniority) plus thirteen holidays from the start.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping to make the world a better place, we work to ensure each talented team member feels nurtured by many benefits, here are just a few:
• You’ll join a team of driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to building our inspiring community.
• Learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community within a growing global network.
• Discounted services and memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech and design support, hotel stays, and other fantastic options.
• Travel to Venture Café locations across the globe.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More Information on CIC (Cambridge Innovation Center)
CIC (Cambridge Innovation Center) operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Cambridge, MA, Boston, MA, Philadelphia, PA, St Louis, MO and Miami, FL. CIC (Cambridge Innovation Center) was founded in 1999. It has 229 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 16 open jobs at CIC (Cambridge Innovation Center), click here.
Read Full Job Description