Product Support Specialist at Compass (Remote)
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Are you passionate about putting technology to work? Are you seeking a career that allows you to develop in one of the world’s fastest growing companies, and to have a tremendous impact on that growth? Compass is looking for passionate, driven professionals, with a strong technical aptitude, to join our Product Support Team. Do you love problem solving, identifying efficiencies, and driving for meaningful results? Then, you should check out this role.
You will be at the center of our efforts to connect our world-class agents and technology. Responsible for level 1 product support and feedback, a Product Support Specialist helps our agents adopt tools to their business by solving problems and removing roadblocks. This role is perfect for anyone interested in collaborating with our agents, with an aptitude for technical problem solving, all to build the future of real estate together.
At Compass You Will:
- Deliver an exceptional product support experience for customers across multiple channels, meeting or exceeding defined SLAs in tier 1 queues, including:
- In-product chat, and
- Callback support
- Collaborate with Agent Experience Managers and Office Admins over in-product chat to help them resolve customer issues arising from in-person customer interactions.
- Identify steps to reproduce novel technical issues arising on the Compass platform.
- Match customer issues to known bugs and record their experience in our feedback tracker.
- Properly escalate tickets that require Level 2, Support Engineering, or Listing Support input, maintaining strong communication across internal teams to ensure resolution for customers
- Identify opportunities to promote customer self-service and reduce future ticket volume, including referrals to Compass Academy and other self-service resources.
- Elevate the voice of the customer by accurately tagging and bucketing product support tickets allowing Ops Leadership to provide quantifiable and actionable product feedback and pain points to Product and Engineering.
- Capture and elaborate on customer feedback, asking clarifying questions and positioning workarounds as needed.
- Identify and report gaps in Compass product documentation (internal and external).
- Discover and share best practices and efficiencies to improve product support at Compass
- Deepen our customers’ connection to Compass through thoughtful, empathetic support
- Occasional evening and weekend support required
What We’re Looking For:
- B.A. or B.S. degree and 1+ years working in Product Support, Implementation, On-Boarding, Customer Success, or relevant field preferred
- Aptitude for software troubleshooting
- Ability to make good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment sometimes with incomplete information and under tight SLAs.
- Driven by customer focus with a bias toward taking action and solving problems for customers
- Skilled at prioritizing, consistently devotes time and energy to activities that deliver the most value to customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to multitask (e.g. ability to chat with a customer while researching issues or reviewing documentation)
- Demonstrates genuine empathy for our customers and collaborates effectively across teams
- Aptitude for acquiring skills in existing and new products and an eagerness to learn and stay up-to-date on your own
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting, solving problems, and de-escalating upset customers.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with an ability to operate fairly independently
- Ability to synthesize complex technologies into simple and digestible steps
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that strike an appropriate balance between clarity, brevity, and compassion
- Love working with people and a genuine desire to help customers grow their businesses
Notice for California Applicants