Procurement & Vendor Management Manager
We are seeking a results-driven, innovative, and passionate leader to serve in the role of Procurement & Vendor Management Manager for Brilliant Earth. Our Operations team is dedicated to delivering excellence from the time a customer places an order to the moment our customer receives their package. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day remote operations, including building and maintaining key partner relationships, quality assurance, logistics and supply chain. The primary objectives of this position are to drive vendor performance, review capabilities and capacity for optical mix, negotiate costing, and support responsible sourcing initiatives.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced, results driven environments and has demonstrated an ability to work effectively with finite resources. This individual will have expertise in team management, daily and long-term workforce capacity planning and a track record of leading teams to achieve operational goals. We are looking for a strategic and courageous leader who is eager to work alongside the team is unafraid to keep raising the bar to achieve the best results. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals.
Join our team of committed problem solvers who are passionate about ensuring that every Brilliant Earth purchase meets the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage relationships with partners and vendors, including pricing and terms negotiations, developing new relationships and handling escalations.
- Oversee daily remote operations and logistics, including order processing, quality assurance and fulfillment.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative feedback to vendors regarding performance and work with vendors to set clear and measurable goals regarding performance and quality.
- Ensure scalability, cost effectiveness and overall process efficiency.
- Empower team members and help solve day to day problems.
- Manage team of operations assistants and associates, including: recruitment, onboarding, development, and optimizing team performance through task management and resource planning, goal setting and continuous improvement efforts.
- Properly allocate tasks and resources to ensure timelines are met and general operations run smoothly.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement with a commitment to quality.
- Develop and track KPIs to measure and manage efficiencies, cost improvements, productivity, and quality.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and work cross-functionally on improvements that streamline processes.
- Ensure all aspects of product supply chain are well developed and maintained to ensure a superior customer experience, timeliness, and a high level of efficiency.
Specific Qualifications Include:
- Experience with vendor management and supply chain / production in a product, retail or eCommerce company
- Robust computer skills, including working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Experience leading and growing high performing teams to achieve and exceed goals.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- A Passion for Leadership. You have an open, positive, and collaborative leadership style and a desire to develop your team.
- A Data-Driven Approach. When it comes to complex business needs, you always start with the data. You have a knack for analyzing data sets to create a strategic action plan.
- An Eye for Innovation. You’re a creative thinker who brings new ideas to the table.
- A Mind for Multi-Tasking. You’re an expert at managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Master of Collaboration. You have a genuine ability to collaborate and contribute to a team effort.
- It’s All in the Details. When it comes to the customer experience, you know it’s the little things that count the most. You have a passion for process and a keen eye for detail in a fast-moving work environment.
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Paid Time Off. We know it is important to recharge and relax- you’ll accrue 3 weeks of PTO in your first year.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In additional to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
About Brilliant Earth:
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.