Procurement Director, IT at NielsenIQ (Remote)
Procurement Director, IT (Remote – must be US based)
Reference ID: 50251749
About this job
This role will lead a team of Procurement managers that own all technology categories globally including: Software, Hardware, Hosting, Platforms, VARs, Telecomm and Cyber Security. This position is responsible for establishing, articulating, and implementing sourcing strategies for major spend categories, capital projects, suppliers or geographic regions. Further, this position is responsible for obtaining program buy-in from various stakeholder within the organizations. This position also creates and manages the project plan, identify the resources to support projects, drive multiple projects through complex sourcing process and ensure end results meet the requirements of all organizations impacted.
- Manage a team that will strategically source a portfolio of products and services within a given category/sub-category. The role will require you to use resources, tools, processes, and strategies to drive and achieve business results and savings targets.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders to understand and help develop their 3-year operating plans while also achieving their annual savings targets through 2024. This goes beyond sourcing and cost management. You must be closely tied to the business so we can re-engineer spend deployment with new initiatives.
- Competitively source assigned category spend through engagement of strategic suppliers and application of industry knowledge.
- Develop and implement agreed procurement strategies for categories.
- Manage the contract portfolio for categories including contracting, compliance, and value/spend analysis.
- Closely partner with various internal cross functional teams to ensure a close partnership with internal clients in delivering targeted savings and consistent customer experience.
- Responsible for identifying cost savings opportunities and the implementation of programs to actualize these savings.
- Direct internal and external processes to ensure an integrated sourcing system that meets customer requirements, minimize total cost of ownership and maximizes effectiveness. This includes conforming and challenging established standards/practices of the business.
- Develops strong business relationships with suppliers to develop strategic/preferred suppliers in categories while still obtaining competitive prices.
- Ensure optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved, while ensuring quality and good customer service.
A little bit about you
With your team-oriented and customer-focused attitude, you will successfully partner with your team and internal customers to understand the critical success factors for the Procurement categories to be managed. You will use your quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills to execute the category strategies developed. You will use your leadership skills to grow, coach and develop the talent on your team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or a related field is required
- CPM or CPSM certification is preferred
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in strategic sourcing and vendor management
- Experience working with large scale cross functional teams
- Experience managing vendors
- Experience in creating and executing category strategies including cost reduction initiatives, vendor consolidation, and value creation initiatives
- Experience with the negotiation and creation of MSAs, SOWs, Purchase Agreements
- Experience working with a large-scale Purchase to Pay and eSourcing software tools
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with supplier relationship management
We’re in tune with what the world is buying. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods manufacturers to retailers, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless.
Become part of NielsenIQ at: www.niq.com.Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.