Processing Operations Specialist, Servicing at Upgrade, Inc. (Phoenix, AZ)
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $20 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1300 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
The Processing Operations Specialist, Servicing is part of the Servicing Operations Department which focuses on supporting the business as well as our customers. This team assists with day to day Operations. This includes processing, reporting, administrative tasks, and projects. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, strong attention to detail, verbal communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
What You'll Do:
- Accurately analyze, research and decision critical operational functions across multiple systems
- Research and update customer accounts for the following processes: Hardship Enrollment Review, Charge Off Processing, SCRA, Debt Validation, etc.
- Execute operational processing with high accuracy
- Support all company wide products and operational initiatives, including contributing to the development of defining and implementing processes and procedures
- Review and process customer correspondence critical to the business
- Work across multiple internal systems; Excel and Google Suite knowledge is required
- Prioritize high sensitivity tasks to ensure all deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Financial services experience required
- Operations/Collections experience preferred
- Bring a flexible mindset – as a start-up, we are growing quickly and you may need to adapt to changing policies and procedures while maintaining high-quality work output
- Being a critical thinker- this role requires high volume data analysis and research
- Positive attitude and willingness to work with teammates on accomplishing tasks and responsibilities on an ongoing basis
- Excellent time management and work prioritization skills
- Capable of completing assigned tasks with careful attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment with ease and with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding production and quality expectations
- Great open office space
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K matching
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
- Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Phoenix close to light rail and public transportation
- Paid parking or platinum pass
- New Hire Training Program
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.