Upside is a retail technology company that uses personalized cashback promotions to bring shoppers more value and proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. As millions of shoppers earn 2 to 3 times more cashback with Upside than any other product, businesses nationwide earn more profit without changing their business models. Many other brands use the Upside Partner Platform to power their own app experiences, leaning on Upside’s proven methodology to help shoppers and businesses do better. Upside is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has driven hundreds of millions of dollars back into our local communities nationwide.
Meet Upside Engineering:
The Engineering team at Upside is a close-knit group of hardworking, fast-learning individuals that believes in our mission to help communities thrive. We believe in a data-driven approach to decision-making and an encouraging culture that emphasizes learning from our mistakes. We debate and deliberate on the best ideas to improve our tech stack, and strive for an inclusive atmosphere that champions the psychological wellness of all of our teammates.
About the job:
Process Leaders are a part of our Knowledge, Process and Improvement (KPI) team at Upside which acts as a center of excellence for overseeing the operational processes that support business functions. Process Leaders evaluate the efficiency of workflow procedures, identify inconsistencies, and lead efforts to evolve processes/procedures as needed to improve deliverables and maximize productivity. Process Leaders will help train new employees, share best practices, and lead continuous improvement initiatives. You’ll also contribute to the planning of OKRs to ensure accuracy and completeness of goals across the organization.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with project managers, technical leads and quality assurance leads to ensure effective cross-project communication and issue management
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives to enable operational efficiency
- Lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders, defining scope and phasing for projects, and ensuring responsibilities are clearly defined for execution
- Learn and leverage existing agile practices for requirements and velocity tracking within the organization
- Assess existing practices, identifying deficiencies and gaps, and creating plans to remediate
- Manage and maintain ticketing processes that ensures a simple view into the status of projects across the organization
- Hold regular meetings to track and share progress on projects while driving them forward
What you need:
- Demonstrated understanding of modern project management processes and agile software development
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- A strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising the work of teams
- Experience working in a collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head off obstacles
The fine print:
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here, come join us!