Process and Change Assessment Principle at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
This individual will direct the business compliance and operational risk/control activities within marketing and US Card, which may include walkthroughs, risk assessment (process and change management), controls, procedure documentation, process design, control workflow/systems, reporting, testing, remediation, and third-party management. This includes collaborating with business partners to ensure compliance with, and implementation of, all U.S. federal and state rules, regulations, and regulatory trends. This individual will evaluate current operations across all Marketing and US Card business units to identify areas for process and control enhancements/automation and work with business partners to implement opportunities identified. It will be this person's responsibility to understand how legal, technology, and business process changes are implemented within each business unit and evaluate potential impacts.
Risk and Control Management
- Provides education and oversee Marketing and US Card employees adherence on the requirements of company policies and standards related to risk and control ownership, the development and execution of new products and services, and control testing.
- Assist with continuous improvement of tools to facilitate efficient completion of policy and standard requirements.
- Formulate controls and control mapping in conjunction with BRIC and
- Business VP and Director to mitigate risk. This includes control design reviews, process assessments, and ensure business agreement with control risk ratings.
- Acts as subject matter expert on efficient processes to maintain an accurate library of Marketing and US Card’s risks and controls. Manages independent post-launch oversight of Process Control and Change Management Assessments and report results to Marketing and US Card’s executive management.
- Performs risk and control assessments to ensure that controls are in place to mitigate legal, regulatory, and other applicable business risks. Where control gaps exist, provide consultation on the design of controls and monitor until execution.
- Assisting the business in creating end to end process and system maps to gain an
- understanding of the applicable regulations and commitments associated with their process
- Assists Senior Manager or Director with oversight of larger team via periodic coaching and review of work for employees.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Develops, implements, and administers control standardization and workflow solutions
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Financial Services, Marketing, Compliance, Internal Audit Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Financial Services, Marketing, Compliance, Internal Audit Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, Marketing, Compliance, Internal Audit Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in People Management
- Certification in Control Self-Assessment, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.