Principal Windows Systems Administrator at General Dynamics Information Technology (Huntsville, AL)
| Huntsville, AL
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:20 p.m. (CST) on Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Oversee and provide technical guidance for a team of Windows administrators.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members as a technical/task lead.
- Provide oversight and guidance on domain Army Cyber compliance.
- Hands on administration and maintenance of a VMware VSphere cluster consisting of three hosts
- Administer and maintain a single Active Directory domain. Tasks include: Manage user accounts, maintain DHCP, DNS and file share services
- Oversee testing and application of Microsoft and VMware security patches.
- Maintain and insure functionality of an enterprise backup solution for systems and data.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- Update or supplement existing systems documentation as needed.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies to enhance operations where possible.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is required.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis within a DoD environment
- MS Windows 2012/2016 server installation/configuration experience
- Active Directory configuration and management
- SAN Storage systems and fabric
- VMWare 6.x administration to include host and VCenter upgrades
- Ability to perform basic network troubleshooting
- Functional understanding of HBSS
- Basic knowledge of networking infrastructure
- Experience with patch management systems
- Experience with enterprise backup solutions
Strongly desired experience:
- MS SQL Server installation/support experience
- Proficient in PowerShell
- Experience with Ivanti Patch Management
- Experience with ArcServe or other VM backup solution
Candidate must be able to obtain or maintain a minimum SECRET level security clearance.
CompTIA Security+ CE certification required
More Information on General Dynamics Information Technology
General Dynamics Information Technology operates in the Aerospace industry. The company is located in Falls Church, VA. General Dynamics Information Technology was founded in 2022. It has 21625 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 261 open jobs at General Dynamics Information Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description