Principal Technical Auditor at Capital One (Washington DC)
Capital One’s Audit function is a dedicated group of professionals focused on delivering top-quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit Committee. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. Audit's vision to provide high value, independent, proactive insights, to innovate with technology, and to be a top-notch talent destination, creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Principal Technology Auditor interested in becoming part of our Audit team. As a member of the Audit team, the candidate will focus on audits of critical technology functions including cloud-based technology implementations, application controls, and cybersecurity risks.
● Execute major components of audits, including critical technology functions, cloud-based infrastructure, cybersecurity, risk management, application, and third-party management, as well as lead small to medium size audits.
● Perform risk assessments of business units and technology operations, design and execute audit procedures to verify the effectiveness of existing controls, identify and define issues, review and analyze evidence, and document client processes and procedures.
● Understand the broader context and implications (e.g., financial, legal,
reputational, etc.) of the various types of risk affecting the business and critical technology functions .
● Establishes and maintains good client relations during engagements. Communicates or assists in communicating the results of some audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations.
● Identify expectations of the client and take actions to support the client experience.
● Prepare clear, organized and complete documentation to support work performed.
● Self prioritize and effectively plan own work activities managing multiple priorities and tasks across the team to deliver quality results.
● Coordinate with others and proactively take on additional work.
● Deliver appropriate, succinct and organized information, tailoring communication style to audience.
● Effectively communicate information, issues and audit progress to teammates, clients and auditor-in-charge.
● Perform various aspects of engagement administration, including hours and budget tracking.
● Provide periodic on-the-job coaching and direct supervision over less experienced associates.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
● You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment.
● You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One’s governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
● You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
● You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
● You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit’s value proposition.
● You’re a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technology will only make you a better auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical expertise.
● You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
● You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
● Bachelor's Degree or military experience
● At least 4 years of experience in information systems auditing, in information systems risk management, in technology operations, or a combination
●Certifications related to Technology or Auditing, such as Cloud provider certifications, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
● 3+ years of experience with IT control frameworks
● 2+ years of experience in planning and leading audits
● 1+ years of conducting audits of controls in cloud-based environments
● 1+ years of experience performing data analysis in support of internal auditing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).