Atlassian is seeking a Strategy and Business Operations Principal who will drive the global demand generation and distribution strategy for our own products and third party apps & integrations (e.g. Slack, Snyk, Gliffy, Tempo). You will partner directly with our Head of e-Commerce & App Marketplace and Head of Partnerships to forge Atlassian's path as a distribution powerhouse in the B2B software landscape.
This is a key leadership position within the next phase of Atlassian's journey; putting the growth of our apps and integrations ecosystem at the forefront of our business strategy. If you're looking to make a global impact, partner with extraordinary talent, and take your career to the next level, we encourage you to join us on this exciting journey.
At Atlassian, the Strategy & Business Operations team is a high impact team that works closely with business leaders across the company. You'll own projects from inception to execution and delivery, ensuring that the strategies you develop are creative and offer high-quality and impactful recommendations. You'll work on key strategic initiatives including the growth of our apps & integrations marketplace, in-product cross-sell and buyer experience. On the partnerships' side, you will establish strong rapport with our platform and product partners across the SaaS landscape, developing strategies to drive and prioritize supply.
You'll also run aspects of the month-to-month business operations, growing visibility and accountability around business metrics that drive growth. You are a good fit if you are driven, highly organized, analytical and have strong business acumen.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Driving the global vision for Atlassian's demand generation and distribution strategy; owning the creation of new revenue streams that support the growth of the combined Atlassian 'economy': Atlassian's own products, third party apps and strategic integrations
- Partnering directly with partnerships, product, go-o-market, analytics and finance teams to deliver strategic recommendations and prioritize roadmaps
- Driving the monthly process to monitor performance, including the metrics review cadence and "quarterbacking" a cross-functional team to diagnose problems when they occur
- Experience in two or more areas of: corporate strategy, e-commerce/marketplace growth, product/platform strategy, monetisation, strategic finance, or similar
- A deep understanding of both Marketplace and B2B SaaS / product led growth business models and GTM motions
- Proven experience in contributing to business case development / strategic recommendations from end-to-end
- Proficiency in financial modelling and building revenue and cost drivers; strong proficiency with spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Experience with marketing and ad tech
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
- Basic SQL skills
- A deep understanding of Atlassian's market, strategy, and business model.
On your first day, we'll expect you to possess:
It's great, but not required if you have:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.