Principal Risk Specialist, Business Continuity Risk Management
Do you want to be part of an organization that's dedicated to helping Capital One identify, manage and effectively mitigate risk - for our customers, our communities and our associates? Capital One is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Risk Advisor to join the Business Continuity Risk Management (BCRM) within the Operational Risk Management second line of defense. BCRM is responsible for independent governance and oversight of Capital One's business continuity practices enabling Capital One to respond to and recover from business disruptions. As a Risk Advisor, you will provide risk advice and effective challenge to the first line of defense in its identification, management, control, and mitigation of business continuity risks.
Successful Risk Advisors are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, influence, and communication skills. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically adept. Risk Advisors have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with business leaders to create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately manage business continuity risks across the enterprise. The ideal candidate will be distinguished by excellent influence and communications skills, a passion for delivering exceptional results, a commitment to thought leadership, and a history of using sound judgment and developing meaningful relationships across diverse business teams.
Responsibilities to include:
- Provide oversight, guidance and effective challenge to business areas during risk assessments (Risk and Control Self-Assessments, Process Level Assessments, New Products)
- Provide thought leadership and guidance in executing business continuity and risk management practices to strengthen Capital One's operational resilience
- Proactively identify strategic and emerging risks through undefined processes or ways that are not predetermined
- Communicate with and influence business leaders on key business continuity risks and actions needed
- Stay current on understanding effective operational resilience strategies and business continuity requirements
- Build and leverage productive relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to promote a strong operational resilient posture, and act as a change agent influence key stakeholders
- Work closely and drive collaboration between other risk teams and various partner groups to create an integrated and seamless risk experience for the business
- Initiate and own process improvements leveraging other team members and team leaders when appropriate
- Manage work across organizational lines to address competing priorities and achieve results
- Lead analysis to identify strategic trends and opportunities with follow-up and problem-solving capability
- Support interactions with Internal Audit and Regulatory agencies, as applicable
- Participate in and execute other special projects for the team on a periodic basis
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Risk Management
- At least 3 years of experience in Business Continuity
- At least 3 years of experience working with internal business customers
- At least 5 years of experience in Risk Management
- At least 5 years of experience in Business Continuity
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional programs in Risk
- Industry certifications in Operational Risk Management
- Industry certifications in Business Continuity; (Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP))
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).