Pricing Strategy & Operations Manager- (US Remote) at Turnitin
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. You'll join our diverse community of colleagues who are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. So come join us and begin the most gratifying next chapter of your career.
For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Our products are used by educational institutions and certification and licensing programs to uphold integrity and increase learning performance, and by students and professionals to do their best, original work.Job Description
This individual will partner closely with leadership across the product organization in the creation of a cohesive and operationally sound strategy for how we package customer value into individual product licenses across the portfolio and how we realize that value in the form of pricing. You will ensure that our pricing strategy aligns with the portfolio structure and conduct ongoing market research and financial analysis to optimize and iterate on our pricing strategy. Your work will support an evolving and expanding, global portfolio of products and will respond directly to market trends. You will help us to simplify and optimize our existing pricing structure for the products we sell today while ensuring every future pricing decision is informed by rigorous analysis and up-to-date market information. You will deeply understand the markets our products are sold in, staying abreast of and interpreting the impact of trends and competition on pricing implications. You will help product leadership to make strategic decisions about how to expand our portfolio of offerings so that we can simultaneously satisfy price-sensitive customers and provide differentiated, premium value to benefit-oriented customers.
- Lead critical cross-functional initiatives at the intersection of product strategy and pricing to identify strategic growth opportunities within the portfolio, both from new packaging decisions, amended pricing strategy, or both
- Design sustainable packaging solutions based on customer insight, sales and usage data collected from existing product offerings, and financial analysis
- Prepare and prevent compelling presentations of your strategic recommendations in order to persuade varying audiences and turn them into reality
- Build ongoing, collaborative relationships across the company with cross-functional teams in order to understand their needs with respect to pricing approaches and their operational implications, leveraging their knowledge of our customers and enabling pricing decisions that make their jobs easier
- Identify and triage multiple priorities, issues and roadblocks facing the company using your experience leveraging internal data and consumer research for business impact.
- Work closely with product managers to inform and support monetization and packaging strategies for new products, offerings, and product-led growth initiatives and to ensure the product supports those structures
- Operationalize and bring consistency to our pricing and packaging offerings by developing a pricing framework and implementing that framework in a flexible manner to support market variations
- Conduct actionable analysis powered by data, trends, and best practices in order to simplify our packaging strategy
- Promote and persuade stakeholders to adopt pricing and packaging frameworks and best practices
- Conduct pricing & packaging research & analysis using internal data, customer insights, and market surveys
- Serve as the primary cross-functional touchpoint for Pricing strategy across Turnitin’s Product, Operations, Engineering, Alliances, Sales, Finance, and Customer Support teams.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Strategy consulting and/or corporate strategy experience
- Advanced data analysis and financial modeling skills
- Market research experience with pricing and packaging of acquired products and services
- Experience with business intelligence systems
- Deep understanding of and experience with CRM systems
- Experience both defining and operationalizing pricing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to combine deep data analytics with qualitative market research and trends to produce revenue forecasts in the form of financial models
- A track record of collaborating across functions and with colleagues of all levels, including executives
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to create persuasive, evidence-based arguments
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.