Premium Portfolio Manager (.blog domain) at Automattic (Remote)
Automattic is looking for an outstanding person to help develop, manage, and grow our .blog premium domain name business, both directly and indirectly. You will work within the .blog team to help us make the internet a better place to share information through .blog.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a monetization strategy for .blog’s Premium Name business.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the domain brokerage community and platform businesses (like Sedo) within the premium name marketplaces while structuring and building strategic commercial partnerships.
- Develop and implement a targeted sales approach for selling premium names to domain name investors and corporations.
- Research potential premium domain name sale prospects. Generate leads and complete sales.
- Work with other team members on strategy, planning, and execution.
- Monitor developments in the premium domain name market.
- Proven experience in handling a Premium Domain Name portfolio.
- B2B sales experience.
- High-energy, self-motivated, positive, outgoing, engaging, proactive, and able to relate well to a diverse audience.
- The ability to drive deals independently in a fast-paced multifaceted environment, collaborative, and a great teammate mentality.
Those looking for a 9-5 job need not apply. This is a lifestyle, and our ideal candidate will be immersed in the role. But, ultimately, we want it all! A business person with strong relationship management, administrative, and organizational skills.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely and be based wherever you live.YOU’RE THRILLED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU:
- Want to contribute to the growth of one of the most well-known and trusted new TLDs.
- Enjoy bringing your business acumen to support a team moving at a fast pace.
- Are highly socially intelligent; easily able to understand, empathize and connect with people.
- Love solving problems and discovering opportunities to help people succeed.
- Are passionate about growing a high-impact product.
- Value being part of an agile team and having a clear impact on the business.
- Feel at home working directly with product, engineering, design, marketing, and support teams.
- Are highly productive in a work-from-home environment and either understand or are eager to learn how to lead distributed teams effectively.
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, Jetpack, Longreads, Day One, PocketCasts, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.