Premier Support Engineer, Migrations at Atlassian
The Principal Support Engineer is a member of the Enterprise Cloud Migrations Support team, which is passionate about providing leading support and product expertise to our biggest customers. This role is a support engineer working on our most significant customer accounts and working with global Atlassian team members. You will join a growing team of specialists improving our support capabilities, capacity, and quality for our largest customers!
More about you:
You'll be key to providing a consistent quality experience, bringing new and improved support methodologies to Atlassian, and building a wide and dedicated customer base to the Atlassian products and brand. You will perform triage, root cause analysis, debugging and solving across one-to-many Atlassian products. As a valued team member, you will receive on-boarding training to make you a specialist in one or more of our products, system technologies, and network technologies. You will lead and participate in customer-facing calls helping to communicate progress updates, action plans, and resolution details. You will be pivotal for a team ensuring we have customers for life!Are you passionate about collaborating with knowledgeable teams and about providing high-quality service to the world's largest customers? If so, this role could be perfect for you. Apply and become part of our distributed team of engineers practicing a follow-the-sun methodology with our other offices around the world to deliver the best support possible for our high-priority customers.
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- 8+years of experience in support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community
- 3+ years' experience in working with Enterprise Customers in a High Touch ModelStrong database skills, with the ability to write and update SQL queries with ease
- Deep understanding of operating systems (e.g. Linux, OS X, and/or Windows)
- Understanding of networks and relevant technologies, including proxies, load balancers, LDAP, SSO, SAML, Active Directory, SSL, etc.
- Understanding of application server technologies (e.g. Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.)
- Fair expertise to write, review, or modify Scripts (Python, Bash/Shell)
- Understanding of APIs, REST calls and CLI tooling
- Understanding of third party tooling such as Splunk, Tampermonkey and GSuite products
- Has an understanding of Cloud based PaaS and some high level benefits
- Understanding of Java, especially the JVM components
- Jira or Confluence experience desirable
- Proactively identify knowledge opportunities when new technologies are included in the stack and multiplies the knowledge within the team (Synchrony, AWS, Azure)
On your first day, we will expect you to:
- Able to efficiently communicate as the internal SME with customers/partners at an executive level on in-depth technical details, progress and next steps
- Ability to assess tickets, summarize root causes, recommend solutions and then raise when appropriate
- Simplify perplexing situations and lead calmly through periods of crisis; experience implementing and optimizing operational processes
- Capability to define, drive and own challenges as they arise
- Assist in development of knowledge articles and guides for process improvements/enhancements
- Give guidance to team-members to assist with progressing issues (via effective troubleshooting and communication)
- Act as a customer champion by being the voice of the customer - Check communication channels to stay on top of and communicate effectively and proactively with the company or team updates
- Mentor on how to perform strong technical, soft skill, and behavioral interviews with recommendations on how to present clear interview feedback for technical, soft skills, and Enterprise Support characteristics in both debriefs and write-ups
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .