Practice Manager - Alamo Heights at VillageMD
Join Village Medical as a Practice Manager
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation.
Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through physician-led, patient-first primary care. We're looking for a Practice Manager to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Practice Manager facilitates day-to-day clinical operations within the practice, including managing patient, staff and provider interactions and maintaining a service-based approach to issue resolution. This leader collaborates across clinic leaders, staff, and providers to promote the highest standards of quality of patient care by appropriately managing patient flow and championing excellent patient experience. Providing support and training to staff is critical, while also encouraging their abilities to effectively address triage calls and service recovery.
How you can make a difference:
- Oversee all clinical support staff including Medical Assistants and Patient Reception Specialists
- Receive and understand direction on clinical processes and competencies from clinical operations leadership and disseminate updates and new protocols to staff
- Assist with the onboarding, launch and integration of new Village Medical clinics
- Function as key communication point within the practice and among providers
- Act as initial point of escalation for any staff, provider, or patient concern
- Ensure success on practice Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Lead clinical staffing assignment and alignment
- Provide clear and consistent communication with employees
- Ensure clinical staff meetings and huddles are performed successfully
- Develop strong relationships with staff and leverage relationships to assist staff with understanding and interpreting organizational and clinical changes positively
- Supply management and delegation as required
- Ensure appropriate orientation of new employees and facilitate on-going training and development of clinical staff to meet changing needs and organizational demands
- Complete annual and mid-year employee evaluations for clinical staff, as directed
- In conjunction with Talent Acquisition, lead the recruitment, selection and hiring process for clinical positions
- Proactive involvement in employee mentoring, coaching, and discipline
- Accountable for understanding and executing again the Practice Operating Plan
- Responsible for performance against practice budget
- Responsible for bi-weekly completion of clinical employee payroll
- Assist the provider in delivery of patient care, works with provider to resolve all emergent patient or clinical issues in a timely manner
- Monitor the patient flow to identify gaps and partner with nursing leadership to address appropriately
Skills for success:
- High emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and success navigating diverse stakeholder groups
- A keen sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results
- Experience performing under pressure with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- Highly relationship oriented and ability to serve complex patient populations
- A passion for mentoring others and fostering teamwork with a desire to drive outcomes
- A hands-on, solution-oriented leader who drives change through building and leveraging trust
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change:
- High School Diploma/Equivalency required, Bachelors degree preferred
- 3+ years of Practice Management experience in a primary care setting preferred
- Experience managing in a practice with multiple providers
How you will thrive:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on Village Medical products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference:
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical today!