PPC Field Representative IV - Richmond, IN (Remote) at Verisk
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
Verisk Insurance Solutions is a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk.
For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, Verisk provides statistical,
actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools;
policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. Verisk serves insurers,
reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the
property/casualty insurance marketplace.
If you are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and enjoy working in the field and meeting people, then we
have a terrific position for you to conduct commercial property inspections in the Richmond, IN area.
Your major responsibilities will involve conducting comprehensive studies of:
· Consults with clients to conduct, analyze and document studies of communications resources and
· procedures relating to dispatch of fire alarms; fire department equipment, staffing, training and
· geographic distribution; water supply networks, including hydraulic analysis of water system capability;
· and building information pertaining to PPC requirements.
· Completes verifications in the office and in the field and plans trips to ensure efficient, cost effective and timely completion of work.
· Conducts studies to determine complex and moderately complex community hazard mitigation gradings as assigned and prepares appropriate reports in accordance with corporate standards.
· May assist in coordinating meetings with local officials in small group and/or workshop formats and may offer information or advice as requested.
· Provides customer support for Verisk products through on-site visits as needed.
· May serve as a mentor and trainer to less experienced staff as needed.
· Maintains corporate standards of quality, timeliness, productivity and customer service.
· Maintains CHM equipment and supplies in accordance with Verisk policies.
We are looking for individuals who possess some of the following knowledge and skills, and/or experience:
· Bachelor’s degree/ life experience in a technical discipline or equivalent experience preferred and one year of experience in fire/property insurance, fire protection services or engineering. Field experience performing detailed analyses preferred.
· Satisfactory completion of prescribed in-house training or equivalent required and demonstrated ability to perform all field work assignments at this grade level.
· Ability to observe, examine, measure, analyze, map, gather data, and describe all aspects of a community’s fire protection capability and safely operate a vehicle to and from all sites. This will involve occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs. and regular climbing of stairs and ladders, working in all types of neighborhoods and environments. It may be necessary to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
· Good customer service and one-on-one interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and provide constructive feedback. Ability to conduct on-the-job training. Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to conduct public speaking engagements on discipline to groups of all sizes. Adequate technical proficiency and communication skills to represent Verisk in trade group settings.
· Knowledge and experience resulting in demonstrated proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft applications.
· Valid driver’s license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record in accordance with company policies. Overnight and/or air travel (in and out of state) may be required.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please submit your application below!
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.