Portfolio Strategy Director (Remote) at Guild Education
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring for a Portfolio Strategy Director to drive the strategic design and growth of Guild’s Employer Partner portfolios of academic programs. In this role, you will own the Portfolio Design function of the team, setting the strategic direction for the team, while leading the end-to-end employer portfolio design process. This is a growing function, so you will be responsible for building and scaling the team, tools, and operations required for success.
Guild’s mission is to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce, with a double-bottom line business model that does well by doing good. Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with Fortune 1000 companies to develop solutions for how they can use education and upskilling to unlock opportunity for their workforce. Our team is responsible for ensuring we build a Learning Marketplace of quality Academic Partners that can proactively meet employer talent needs while delivering economic mobility to Guild learners.
This role will report to the Vice President of the Portfolio Strategy team.
As a Director on the Portfolio Strategy team, you will:
- Serve as the subject matter expert on both the academic partners and programs in our Learning Marketplace as well as broader workforce trends, representing our Learning Marketplace for internal and external partner audiences.
- Directly lead a growing team of 3+ analysts and managers, building and scaling the culture, team development, operations, and strategic vision.
- Lead sophisticated cross-functional engagements with employer-facing, academic-facing, and internal operations teams, driving Employer Partner portfolio growth, while balancing partner priorities and influencing internal decision-making.
- Serve as strategic lead to help our Employer Partners craft the right portfolio of programs, influencing employer decision-making to drive maximum impact for Guild learners and for Guild’s business.
- Become an expert in Guild’s product and service lines, playing a meaningful role in connecting strategic dots across internal teams to drive transparency and advance solutions for product improvement.
You are a strong fit for this role if have:
- A record of success in owning strategy development and execution and scaling team operations; experience in a consulting, internal strategy, or client management role is a plus.
- Outstanding strategic partner leadership skills, influencing and collaborating with partners to advise on sophisticated work-streams in fast-paced, cross-functional environments to achieve measurable results.
- Excellent problem-solving and project management skills; you know how to break down sophisticated problems, propose creative solutions, and delegate discrete tasks and project workstreams to teammates.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to structure compelling, data-driven narratives for diverse internal and external audiences, including senior-level decision-makers.
- Experience forming team culture, giving and receiving feedback, and supporting the development of team members; direct people management experience is preferred.
- A forward-thinking learner's attitude with a strong ability to learn through experimentation; you have a desire to learn and evolve within a fast-paced environment.
- You have an insatiable curiosity and passion for unlocking opportunity for working adult learners.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $155,000-$181,250 as well as bonus & company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.