About the Role:
Transfix is on an exciting growth path, and we are looking for a Portfolio Manager to join our Pricing & Growth Strategy team. In this newly created, highly analytical and strategic role, you’ll have a critical impact on our thriving business by determining the optimal growth strategies for our marketplace. You’ll partner with our Finance, Data, Pricing, Commercial, and Executive teams to develop models and strategies to accelerate our business and drive growth in opportunities with the highest potential.
If you are an analytical problem solver, and the idea of delving deep into insights, data, and market realities to drive business strategy sounds up your alley, please keep reading!
*Note: While this role may be fully remote or hybrid out of our New York, NY or Atlanta, GA offices, we are prioritizing candidates who are based in Eastern and Central time zones.
In this Role You Will:
- Build portfolio construction models that dynamically update based on market shifts, customer growth, customer acquisition, and expansion into new modes
- Leverage models & knowledge of the marketplace to align, allocate, and optimize on the priorities of the business, and drive strategies that ensure we meet financial goals
- Balance risk management across portfolio of customers, exposure to market shifts, and investment into new offerings/modes
- Provide recommendations on which US regions to drive supply/demand growth for our marketplace, industries to target based on shipper growth projections, and ideal balance of spot and contract based on market forecasts
- Partner closely with the Finance team to ensure company goals are driving aggressive growth, aligned with our customer portfolio, and adapting to evolving freight markets
- Work alongside our Commercial teams to identify growth potential within our current and future customers, optimize our freight marketplace across the country, and identify partnerships with innovative companies
- Collaborate with our world-class Data Science, Product, & Engineering teams to evolve our sophisticated market forecasts, develop tools to navigate volatile freight markets, and explore innovative solutions that bring value to customers while generating consistent volume, revenue, and margin
- Partner with executive leadership to coordinate efforts across the organization and ensure growth strategies are aligned with long term company goals
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role if You Bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in a finance portfolio management, financial analyst, or trading role, specifically fixed income or multi-sector
- A deep understanding of financial & economic concepts and their implications, with a proven track record of success in informing business strategies through quantitative and qualitative research
- Advanced modeling skills through the use of Excel, SQL, and/or other relevant programming
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex strategies to a range of stakeholders and audiences
- Keen problem-solving skills with a bias toward action; you have a proven ability to synthesize known and unknown factors to identify opportunity, and then drive action on those opportunities quickly
- Risk Management experience, with an understanding of seasonality and success developing portfolio construction models across adjacent or similar industries
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to work independently on a range of projects with limited direction
- Excited to collaborate across various teams and thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
You’re a Mile Ahead if You Have:
- Experience within the freight, logistics, or supply chain industry
What You can Expect from Transfix:
- While this role may be fully remote or hybrid out of our New York, NY or Atlanta, GA offices, we are prioritizing candidates who are based in Eastern and Central time zones.
- This role offers market-competitive annual base salary, as well as equity in Transfix
- We offer 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck!
- We offer 3 months of parental leave, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, generous PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
- Career growth! We are growing quickly and prioritize developing our teams to meet their full potential and promoting from within.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. Approximately 40% of our executive Leadership team is female, and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected], and are committed to continuously improving diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice every single day
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice