Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.Job Description
Taylor & Francis, a leading international academic publishing company, is looking to recruit a new Portfolio Manager to manage the editorial and commercial development of its portfolio of journals in Social Work.
We are looking for a candidate with sound and relevant publishing experience, ideally within the field of scholarly and professional journals management. A working knowledge of the commercial and practical challenges facing scholarly publishers will be a distinct advantage.
This is an exciting and rewarding role that would suit a creative, tenacious, and self-starting individual with strong relationship-management and organizational skills.
Closing date for applications: September 2, 2022
What you'll be doing:
- Creating and delivering plans to grow, develop and maximize the impact and reach of a portfolio of Social Work journals
- Managing the portfolio to an agreed level of revenue and profitability under the direction of the Global Head of Portfolio
- Building strong and mutually beneficial relationships with our Editors and their Editorial teams
- Encouraging in-depth and long-term relationships with current and potential publishing partners in order to maintain and protect our current portfolio and build opportunities for future growth
- Building, maintaining and sharing thorough knowledge of market need and competitor activity to advise strategic journal and portfolio development
- Representing the team and Taylor & Francis at external meetings and conferences as the need arises
- Managing budgets, preparing financial projections and supporting the overall financial performance of the journals
What we're looking for:
- Journals and/or publication experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, oral, presentation and written
- Strong experience of scholarly and professional journals management and of strategic journal development
- Proven experience of interpreting and applying insight from data on submissions, accepts, rejects and financial data
- Sound understanding of the issues currently facing scholarly and academic publishing
- Strong team-working skills, an ability to collaborate, and to work proactively with others, and to share knowledge and best practice
- Experience of working across departments within a dynamic, international organization
- Resilience, self-reliance, and resourcefulness
What we're offering:
- Competitive salary
- Ample paid time off
- Sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Life events leave; i.e. moving or wedding
- Medical & vision benefits
- 4 volunteering days per year
- Day off for your birthday
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working schedule
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- This role is open to candidates in all locations within the Eastern Time Zone of the United States.
- Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the Philadelphia office, at home, or some combination.
- You must have the right to work and live in United States
Being 'You' at Taylor & Francis:
Here at Taylor & Francis, we know that many times the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist and that people can feel discouraged about applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. We encourage you to apply if you're excited about working for us and have some of the skills or experience we're looking for. We believe in the notion that many skills and experiences are transferrable and you could be just what we need! Taylor & Francis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly believe in the value of diversity in people and thought. We strive to foster a supportive and inclusive environment where our colleagues can learn, develop, and succeed, all while feeling comfortable with being their true self. We embrace all walks of life regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic under local law.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, well being and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.