Porter (Part-Time) at Common
Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
Common is looking for a reliable Porter who can handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, while also delivering a high level of customer service. The Porter will be responsible for maintaining the visual appeal of the community spaces through daily cleaning and upkeep. The ideal candidate for this position has a positive attitude and is dedicated to making each member's experience within the building as pleasant as possible. This role will report the Manager of Housekeeping Operations.Responsibilities
- Clean and maintain pristine cleanliness of lobbies, hallways, restrooms, elevators, stairways, and other common areas including washing, dusting, polishing, etc.
- Maintain common area floors including, wash and wax hard surface flooring, vacuuming carpets and rugs, washing carpets and rugs, cleaning tile grout, etc.
- Maintain common area walls, windows, and doors including, wash and clean, and washing windows
- Maintain common area lighting which involves changing light bulbs
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary and cleaning supplies for assigned areas
- Empty all trash receptacles and transport trash to the disposal area
- 90% of job will be dedicated to cleaning duties and 10% dedicated to light maintenance duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1+ years prior experience working as a Janitor, Cleaner, or Porter in a residential, apartment building, or similar environment that requires light repairs (painting + patching), good hospitality, and customer service skills
- 1+ years of light maintenance experience
- Must be a team player and be able to work with little supervision
- Polite with experience working in a customer service environment
- Excellent time management skills and work ethic to get daily job tasks done on time each day
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and be on feet for extended periods of time
- Light maintenance knowledge is a plus
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.