!! NOW OFFERING $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS!!
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what's next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture - solving the world's food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Plant Electrician to join our company at our Johnston IA Parent Corn production facility. We offer all the benefits that a Fortune 500 company has to offer while also providing a community feel. The inclusive, motivated team in Johnston offers a safe and innovative work environment that allows for personal and professional growth. We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have a stable work history.
*Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Let's peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Enjoy competitive wages ranging from $31 - $35 per hour based on qualifications, education, and experience.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your FIRST day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Ensure operation of company equipment including electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, control devices, and HVAC, for process and facility.
- Perform electrical repairs and scheduled inspections of equipment, following the prescribed guidelines and procedures.
- Review and help lead electrical safety program for the plant maintenance team.
- Service, troubleshoot and repair any problem of an electrical/mechanical nature.
- Adherence to all quality systems & safety procedures including environmental regulations, OSHA, and PSM procedures in everyday work routine.
- Make recommendations for improved safety through electrical programs and/or process changes including addition of new devices, and hardware.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have a valid US drivers license.
- You have your High School diploma/GED.
- You have 2 years of experience and/or education in an Industrial Electrician/Maintenance field.
- Heights above 25 feet? No problem! You are willing and able to work on elevated surfaces (with fall protection equipment, of course, because safety is always number one to you!).
- Chilly warehouse? Greasy machine parts? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team and work hard!
- You always are willing to help out and physical work isn't a problem for you...Passing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority, and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
- You know how to schedule work/jobs and you do a great job of following-up on completion status.
- You are easily able to understand and interpret the National Electric Code.
- You are willing and able to work a daytime schedule including overtime and weekends when needed.
Preferences - It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Iowa Journeyman electrical license.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
- Accessibility Page for Contact Information
- For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.