Pharmacy Technician - Call Center at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Certified Pharmacy Technician - Call Center / Refill Specialist In Houston, TX
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Refill Specialist / Pharmacy Technician to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Based in Houston, Pharmacy Refill Specialists work in collaboration with medical providers and their care team to provide the highest quality of care delivery, by ensuring all medication requests are answered and processed promptly and accordingly based on the practice’s guidelines.
How you can make a difference
- Answer incoming phone calls in a call center environment regarding prescription refills and utilizing call auxiliary statuses to indicate availability to answer calls.
- Process prescription refill requests in real time from incoming calls, and electronic prescription refill faxes from pharmacies within Athena EMR.
- Rotation schedule for on and off phone work; Specialists will rotate working pharmacy electronic fax requests (off phone work), and incoming calls for Rx refill requests (on phone work).
- Work in collaboration with providers and their care team to provide the highest quality of care delivery by ensuring all medication requests are answered and processed promptly and accordingly based on the practice’s guidelines.
- Provide support to the clinician staff by reviewing all refill requests that come into the clinic refill inboxes and ensure that the medication protocols have been met in accordance with set protocols (it is expected that all clinical Rx refill boxes will be as close to empty as possible by the end of business each day)
- Send courtesy refills when appropriate and send Return to Office requests when appointments are advised and/or labs are needed.
- Coordinate patient care information related to medication refills with other health care providers and teams.
- Attend staff meetings and providing input into evaluation of processes and suggestions for improvement.
Skills for success
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (some nights and weekends) required
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Completion of an accredited Pharmacy Technician course (required)
- 1+ years of Pharmacy Technician experience (preferred)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician Certificate/License (strongly preferred)
- Some experience working in a Call Center (customer service experience will be considered), and/or handling high volumes of incoming calls (strongly preferred)
Experience to drive change
- Adaptability: handles frequent or unexpected changes with a positive attitude
- Collaboration: ability to establish and maintain effective and working relationships with managers, team-members, and other customers
- Communication: speaks clearly, listens and gains clarification when needed, and responds well to questions
- Confidentiality: complies with HIPAA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating patient information
- Diversity: shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
- Self-motivated: energetic self-starter, strong sense of ownership with personal accountability
- Teamwork: is open and objective to other’s views, gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes to positive team spirit
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.