Chewy is looking for a Production Coordinator, Pet to join our Chewy Studios Team based in Plantation, FL. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, engaged, and have a passion for our industry, as well as a desire to create, develop and organize a talented team of passionate, creative, pet professionals.
Chewy Studios is a dynamic studio that creates photos and videos for web content, social media, TV commercials and more. The main stars of the studio are the pet talent. The Pet Production Coordinator will be the wheelhouse of the Pet Talent Team. This position will coordinate availability and schedules of all pet talent, based on current production needs. The Pet Production Coordinator will work closely with the Production team, as well as the Creative team, to determine the talent required for upcoming projects. This position attends weekly production meetings to evaluate the Pet Talent Department capacity for the upcoming Studio schedule.
A big portion of the position is working closely with the Production Manager and on set teams to assess any challenges or changes that happen during production and communicate these to all appropriate leadership. This position will be proactive on setting teams up for success and will also be able to pivot quickly when roadblocks occur with product or talent.
The Pet Production Coordinator is very knowledgeable about the current pet/talent database and understands basic animal behavior to assess how often to use certain talent. This position will also understand the strengths of the Pet Wrangler team when scheduling them to appropriate projects/sets. He/She will also work with the Pet Team to determine which new talent will need to be onboarded and booked.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with Manager, Pet Handling to understand needs of upcoming projects
- Schedule freelance team members and pet talent for all photo and video projects as well as studio testing
- Communicate changes in the production schedule, creative brief or resources to pet parents (casting, call times, etc.)
- Attend weekly Studio Production meetings
- Collaborate with Manager, Pet Handling on procedures and processes to increase efficiency with pet parent communication
- Review Pet/Talent Database while scheduling to ensure talent fits the requirements (i.e. past behavior notes, vaccines, etc.)
- Communicate with Pet Owners regarding pick up/drop off times
- Assist Senior Specialist, Pet Operations with local animal shelter and rescue partnerships and donations
- Assist Senior Specialist, Pet Operations onboard new pet talent and ensure all forms are completed and submitted correctly
- Assist Pet Talent Team with other duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years of production coordinator experience with a photo and video studio, production company or creative agency
- Knowledge of pet related products, with the ability and desire to work in an environment with all pet types
- Basic animal behavior knowledge
- Prior experience interacting with shelters is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume photo and video production environment
- Experience with project management software, such as Workfront
- Strong interpersonal skills; A team player, positive and innovative thinker
- Ability to work collaboratively and be resourceful
About Chewy Studios:
We are the ultimate one-stop shop for creative at chewy.com. We concept, design, and create original brands and packaging and online assets. We concept social campaigns, banners and lead the design for all internal and external marketing efforts. We also shoot and style all of our own photography, video and television commercials. If you saw it out in the wild and it had the Chewy logo on it, Chewy Studios was there – from start to finish. With positions ranging from entry-level script writing and production graphic design work to senior creative concepting, producing and photography, Chewy Studios does it all, in-house, with pride from 3 locations in Boston MA, Dallas TX, and the mothership in Plantation, FL. If you love pets and crave working in an ultra-creative environment, give us a shout. We’re always interested in meeting new people – and their pets.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.