Payroll Implementation Specialist at Homebase (Houston, TX)
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We are not HR Software. We’re tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
You’re a builder. You’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment. You set big goals for yourself and work hard to accomplish them. You thrive in a performance-driven environment where your contributions are recognized. You’re excited at the prospect of being an early team member and flexing your entrepreneurial muscle. You crave impact—and you’re ready to build something amazing and long-lasting.
At Homebase, we are committed to ensuring our customers’ success and doing whatever it takes to achieve that. Sometimes that means holding a customer’s hand through the initial set-up of their account so they can realize immediate time and money savings.
As an implementation specialist, you will be responsible for understanding customer requirements and tailoring their Homebase account to match their needs. You will work closely with sales to gather customer requirements along with all the data needed for an accurate and compliant implementation. You will run a successful implementation for the customer, accurately transposing their employee and company information into Homebase to ensure a seamless, error-free transition. Finally, you will be expected to provide hands-on support and guidance during their first use of Homebase to ensure long-term success of the implementation.
Along the way you’ll deliver feedback to product teams to improve Homebase payroll, coach sales teams on how to better gather customer information, and work closely with operations leadership to improve the payroll implementation process.
As a member of a new, small and powerful team, you’ll be expected to go above and beyond the day-to-day work of account implementation and be a vocal contributor to the development of the implementation function at Homebase.
- Manage Homebase implementations, from initial requirements gathering through to successful account hand-off
- Partner with our sales team to address and resolve any implementation issues that require customer follow-up
- Provide basic to advanced customer training on Homebase
- Investigate, problem solve, research and provide resolutions to customer questions and issues
- Partner with Homebase product team to improve customer-facing product functionality and internal implementation tooling
- 4+ years of SaaS implementation experience
- 2+ years of experience in a client facing or support role
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) accreditation preferred
- Expertise in the full life-cycle of payroll processing including; compliance, filings, notices, penalties, correction payments, and resolving government payroll-related issues at a state or federal level
- Highly customer focused, has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and has a demonstrated ability to build strong cross-functional relationships
What We Offer You
- Generous accrued PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Stock Options - Everyone is an owner
- Fun Team Activities
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team that is thriving and who have found new ways to connect and have fun despite social distancing
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.