Payments Consultant for FIS Trax at FIS (Jacksonville, FL)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
NOTE: This role can be worked remotely from anywhere in North America
About the team
FIS™Traxpayment factory solution creates a single payment hub, reducing complexity, improving payment visibility and slashing operational costs.
What you will be doing
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works individually or within a team on technology business consulting projects to meet specific client requirements.
- Serves as liaison between end-users and consultants during consulting projects.
- Expertly researches and documents client needs, technology or regulations related to system design, enhancement and acquiring hardware or software that will impact multiple platforms and/or applications.
- Defines product scope, objectives and requirements. Defines specifications and data models for product development and testing.
- Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc. Also analyzes system impacts to other systems and procedures.
- Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Assesses available technologies and recommends solutions to consulting team.
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and application integrity is maintained.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
- Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Consults directly with clients and may travel to client site.
- Acts as team leader for technical aspects of consulting projects leading sub-plans or small projects. May mentor, guide, advise and/or check work of less experienced business systems analysts and technology business consultants.
- May play a key role in training client and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or procedures. Training may be delivered one-on-one as knowledge transfer or in a classroom setting depending on number in audience and client preference.
- May serve as pre-sales support specialist when needed.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Prior experience in FIS' payment factory solution, Trax or other payment processing software.
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in Client-facing positions, implementing, configuring and supporting software solutions including practical involvement in scoping and analyzing clients' needs, defining and designing solutions based on specific client needs, converging on the target solution in agreement with the client as well as supervising (if not directly contributing to) implementation, testing and post go live support.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as an individual contributor or lead a small team of functional consultants in context of a project.
- In-depth knowledge of FIS products and services and financial services industry
- Advanced knowledge of multiple end-to-end systems development life cycles, (e.g., Agile, waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development and conversion methodologies)
- Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development in objective-oriented development or other relevant technology
- Knowledge of application architecture, familiarity with cloud hosting a plus.
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
- Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies (e.g., JIRA)
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Intermediate Treasury, Cash Management and Corporate Finance knowledge
- Cash Management Processes (From basics to more advanced topics such as Payment Factory, In-House Bank, Supply Chain Finance, etc.)
- Banking Connectivity (SWIFT, EBICS, etc.)
- Messages Formats (ISO20022, SWIFT MTs, Country Specific)
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.