U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedar’s mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved, including providers, insurance companies and the people they serve. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste. At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on people’s lives.
- Manage on average 60-80 incoming and outgoing patient calls regarding medical bills
- Utilize the Cedar platform to handle all patient questions via inbound chats, phone calls and perform appropriate outbound call campaign
- Run and follow through on escalations to the healthcare provider
- Lead the payment posting process and follow up on defaulted payments
- Appropriately follow up with insurance and other third parties
- Meet assigned team and individual metrics related to satisfaction and collections performance
Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of customer service experience via phone or call center
- 1-2 years of medical billing, insurance or related healthcare experience
- Experience navigating electronic medical record systems (preferably Athena (Centricity Business), eClinicalWorks, Medik, CareVoyant, Nextgen, and Epic)
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Ability to toggle between multiple systems and efficient typing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to show empathy and passion for outstanding customer service
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Open to ambiguity and ever changing environment
- We’re looking for someone willing to be flexible with their schedule from time to time
This is a fully remote position, and as a result will require access to a nice private space.
Pay - $17 per hour.
$18 per hour if bilingual in Spanish and score proficient or higher in language assessment.
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of vacation per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: [email protected] (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on your first day
- 401k plan with 3% employer non-election contribution
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a stipend for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcech company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
Today, Cedar helps over 15 million patients annually—and partners with more than 50 leading healthcare providers, including Yale New Haven Health, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health, Providence, ChristianaCare, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, CommonSpirit Health and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.