Patient Services Representative at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Patient Service Representative in Houston, TX (this is not a remote role)
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Patient Service Representative to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Based in Houston, the Patient Service Representative (PSR) is responsible for supporting practitioners by answering incoming phone calls. PSR will schedule patient visit encounters, send electronic messages (cases) to clinical staff and escalate urgent patient needs to a Triage Nurse. During the appointment scheduling process, the PSR will register and verify patient and insurance demographics for new and existing patients across VillageMD.
How you can make a difference
- Answer all phone calls in a calm, courteous, and professional manner
- Identify and handle patient needs, while working in a team environment
- Collect and update new patient’s demographic and insurance information; verify and update established patient’s demographic and insurance information
- Schedule patient appointments accurately in EMR system according to established policies and procedures
- Submit patient messages through EMR system for prescription refills, medical questions, referrals, form requests or lab/test results, according to established policies and procedures
- Schedule appointment requests from the patient portal and process return mail in EMR system
- Submit appropriate and detailed documentation for patient appointments and patient cases in EMR system
- Maintain awareness of changes/updates within VillageMD by attending departmental meetings and reading emails
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the productivity and quality standards
Skills for success
- Adaptability: handles frequent or unexpected changes with a positive attitude
- Collaboration: ability to establish and maintain effective and working relationships with managers, team-members, and other customers
- Communication: speaks clearly, listens and gains clarification when needed, and responds well to questions
- Confidentiality: complies with HIPAA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating patient information
- Diversity: shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
- Self-motivated: energetic self-starter, strong sense of ownership with personal accountability
- Teamwork: is open and objective to other’s views, gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes to positive team spirit
Experience to drive change
- 2+ years of experience working in a call center required, healthcare industry preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (some nights and weekends required)
- Experience working in a remote (work from home) environment preferred
- High school graduate or GED
- Medical Assistant training; certificate preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.