Join VillageMD as a Patient Reception Specialist In Houston, TX
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Patient Reception Specialist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
In this role, the Patient Reception Specialist will partner with our Village Medical Practice Administrator to ensure easy, efficient, and service-oriented check-in and check-out process at the practice.
Could this be you?
- This individual will be responsible for patient registration, check-in and check-out as well as answering calls, creating patient encounters, scheduling appointments. He/she will ensure accurate data entry in necessary practice systems as well as filing insurance claims and patient account follow up. He/she will also be accountable for regular reporting requests that support practice operations and appropriate patient communication.
How you can make a difference:
- Greets all patients and visitors in a professional and welcoming manner.
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, driver’s license, authorizations, referrals and other required appointment documentation and appropriately saves them in practice EMR.
- Performs demographic and insurance validation, and informs patient of privacy policies and procedures.
- Adheres to practice and regulatory mandates around maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Effectively communicates unexpected schedule delays to patients and assists with patient comfort should delays arise.
- Appropriately prepares for day in accordance with practice schedules including reviewing Patient Eligibility and Phone report, preparing new patient paperwork and scanning into EMR upon patient presentation.
- In partnership with Patient Reception team, reviews and complies required Patient Notes and Appointment Notes along to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Receives practice deliveries and follows designated protocol for logging and notifying appropriate personnel.
- Collects patient co-payments, reconciliation charges and outstanding balances upon Check-In as well as submitting batches on a daily basis.
- Keeps the reception and patient waiting areas clean and organized.
- Enters charges into EMR and submits appropriate claims for Real Time Adjudication.
- Schedules patient appointments/follow-up appointments in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Facilitates an exceptional patient experience with a high level of service, communication and support.
- Supports overall efficient practice operation including service and support of providers and demonstrating a “can-do” attitude with respect to solving problems and resolving patient and practice issues.
Skills for success:
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented.
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results.
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
Experience to drive change:
- Medical Assistant Certification or ability to get certified in your first 90 days.
- Must have current BLS certification for healthcare providers through American Heart Association or Red Cross
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine, urgent care or ER preferred
- 3 - 5 years administrative assistant experience in a medical office, including hands-on knowledge of medical billing.
- Adept in medical terminology and insurance practices.
- Proficient in use of computer programs and applications including Outlook applications and practice EMR systems.
- Competent in basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures, and make changes accurately.
- Knowledgeable of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
How you will thrive:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.