Why we exist
Every morning, 10,000 Americans wake up and begin their first day of retirement. For these older Americans, determining how they manage healthcare during this period of their lives will be critical. For most, this will involve navigating Medicare (healthcare coverage for retirees over 65).
Yet, the process of navigating Medicare is arduous and complex. There are over 20,000 permutations of Medicare plans in the U.S., and choosing the wrong plans at the wrong time can result in penalties, exorbitant healthcare costs, or insufficient coverage.
Chapter exists to reinvent the way Americans transition into retirement, starting with Medicare.
Our team has built industry-leading, proprietary technology that helps retirees easily and effectively navigate Medicare to fulfill a simple promise:
Help retirees find the best health coverage to meet their needs while reducing what they pay for it.
We’re a passionate team that is backed by some of the leading names in venture capital, including Peter Thiel, Addition, Susa Ventures, Maverick Ventures, XYZ Venture Capital, Core Innovation Capital, and Health2047 Capital Partners.
We’re looking for an strategic and empathetic Partnerships Lead, to grow our partnerships with Financial Advisory Firms and play a critical role in building out our Partnerships function.
Reporting to our Head of Partnerships, you’ll work closely with him and our co-founders to help us grow this critical channel, and scale our Partnerships work more broadly. You'll also collaborating extensively with our leaders across marketing, advisor operations, and product, to help lead cross-functional strategic initiatives that enable partner growth.
We’re listing below what we believe makes you a good fit for this role. That being said, if you don’t feel like you’re a perfect fit on paper, but you’re exceptionally interested, we’d love to hear from you.
- Collaborate with our Head of Partnerships, CEO, and COO to define and operationalize a strategy to drive identify, engage, and collaborate with new Financial Advisory Firm partners
- Own Financial Advisory Firm partnership cultivation end-to-end, identifying priority partners, executing outreach campaigns, developing relationships, and structuring partnership arrangements
- Build and own Chapter's partnerships pipeline for Financial Advisory Firm Partners, and identify critical metrics to track along the way
- Collaborate with our Head of Partnerships to systemize our partner outreach, and build the playbook for Financial Advisory Firm partnerships
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and Marketing to launch new partnership products and initiatives where needed for partners
- Over time, scale our partner growth function, building out scalable processes, team, and partnership work across Financial Advisors, and broader B2B2C partnership channels (e.g., Employers, Healthcare Providers, Non-Profits, Tech Solutions)
- 4+ years of experience in business development, partnerships, management consulting, or exceptional experience as an Account Executive
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills - you can synthesize information or data collected over time into broader Partner engagement strategies
- Superlative relationship builder - you lead by listening, and can communicate thoughtfully with diverse groups, spanning all organizational levels
- High ownership orientation - you are able to set goals and have ownership for hitting those goals in collaboration with an effective team
- Strong management and organizational skills - you have the ability to manage multiple initiatives, track the success of each
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset - you can experiment with different Partner Engagement strategies, draw learnings, and translate learnings into new systems and processes
- Leadership and collaboration - you can lead through influence, and can guide cross-functional teams, and ultimately your own team, in driving towards ambitious goals you set
- Special sauce: Previous experience within the Financial Advisory space
Benefits and perks
- A truly amazing team and culture
- Join a BuiltIn NYC startups to watch in 2022
- Flexible and unlimited time off
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Thursday team events
- Working alongside the founding team and help shape the future of the company
- New Mac/PC, and work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental to our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn, and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal-opportunity workplace. We are deeply committed to building an inclusive workplace for people of all races, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and ethnicities.
Read Full Job Description