Partner Technical Trainer, Austin at Verkada Inc
- Be the subject matter authority on the full Verkada suite of products and offerings and articulate the value added benefits to customers throughout the training.
- Effectively present the Verkada solution to all levels of customer, from C-level executives to loss prevention managers and directors of IT.
- Describe Verkada solutions that range from: Network Security recommendations/bandwidth requirements, choosing proper Verkada products for Physical Security and deployment, and relating these training topics to real world install scenarios.
- Stay up to date on the security and IoT industry by attending and presenting at strategic conferences and providing thought leadership within the market
- Be a Product Technical Evangelist in training/educating partners, customers, and internal employees on the latest Verkada product offerings.
- Observe and evaluate results of training programs
- Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc
- Execute training sessions, workshops etc. in groups or individually with 70-80% travel required
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to learn.
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Trainer or other customer/partner facing technical roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security from an accredited university.
- Strong background in Networking: Experience with HTTPS/SSL, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT devices, DHCP servers, Firewalls and software systems.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills in order to clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with customers and partners.
- Able to work and adapt to an ever evolving workplace and company.
- Genuine excitement for software/hardware products, Cloud Security and IoT devices and can speak to how they work.
- Industry certifications are a plus: AWS, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+, Microsoft Azure, CISSP, CSP.
- Experience working with API's, Python, and other coding languages is a plus.
- Experience working with Linux systems is a plus.
- Bonus points if you have previous startup experience.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits