Partner Technical Manager at Pure Storage
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Channel Team at Pure
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
The Pure Storage Channel Partner Technical Manager (CPTM) position is a highly critical and senior role in shaping the growth of Pure’s National Partners. The CPTM is a Member of the SE Leadership team and responsible for representing Pure Storage to the most important and strategic portion of our business. In this role, you will be leading and enabling select Channel Partners and the Pure Channel with our market and industry leadership, culture, //FlashArray and FlashBlade products and solutions through interaction with the Pure Channel, Systems Engineering and Sales Teams, Executives and Regional / National Pure Channel Management.
This strategic leadership role will drive our National Partners to a successful self-sufficient, autonomous state through go-to-market integration, technical and sales enablement, industry knowledge and meaningful collaboration. Additionally, you will be accountable for gathering the partner’s input and technical requirements for new features, needs and knowledge; In concert to this autonomy driven model, you will act as the technical advisor and advocate of record to your assigned National Partners, guiding them in accounts and opportunities managed solely by them through the entire sales cycle. Additionally, this role will assist and support the Pure ISO (inside sales) team and business units with its need to drive opportunities for growth to our National Partners.
As an extended member of the Channels and Sales team, the CPTM will align with the Pure Storage Regional Sales/SE teams and Channel Account Managers (CAMs) to ensure Regional (cross district) alignment to your assigned National Partner strategies, determine needs, create and drive business impacting programs, while developing, guiding and executing the partner sales/technical enablement strategies.
Ultimately the CPTM is responsible for Partner enablement and sales success across the US.
This Channel Partner Technical Manager may be located in one of our major markets in the US and will travel up to 50% in support of National Partners.
What You Will Be Doing
- Regular interaction with partner principals, executives, and sales and sales management at existing and prospective value added and direct market re-sellers.
- Align Pure’s go-to-market strategy with that of our National Partners to ensure growth consistent with Pure’s stated goals, and ensure long-term relationships with our most strategic Channel Partners.
- Conduct regular sales training presentations with partner technical and sales teams to ensure understanding and articulation of Pure’s Value Proposition and Industry Leadership.
- Assist with driving pipeline, sales qualification, and closing of business through the ISO and Channel.
- Define and deploy business plans to deepen our traction with existing channel partners, reviewing and re-assessing quarterly.
- Develop and execute a regional strategy for recruiting new channel partners as needed to support growth.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Pure’s competitive positioning in the marketplace.
- Oversee relationship building activities and account mapping activities between Pure’s Sales organization and specified partners.
- Be the trusted advisor and advocate to our National Partners/channel estate and regional teams as an extension of the Systems Engineering team. Coaching and teaching how to Sell and Compete.
- Driving channel autonomy & independence through Pure Storage partner enablement programs with the regional sales teams.
- Identify, refine and research technical requirements of each sales opportunity by working closely with Pure Sales Teams, Partners & Customers in the design and implementation
- Participate in the creation of channel sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts with emphasis on the channel partner(s) in region.
- Mentor and assist partners/customers with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, applications, solutions and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces. Be a Pure Storage technical expert and in areas of Storage, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, SDN, SaaS solutions, Networking, Dev-ops, Machine Learning, Competition and Channels Business Dynamics.
- Demonstrate industry and market prowess, thought and practice-leadership as a senior member of our SE team.
- Build meaningful relationships with assigned National Partners and Pure Storage Sales Teams within their resident geography and assigned partner base.
- Focus on enablement & relationship building throughout our National Partner’s business.
- Management and creation of technical enablement plan for assigned National Partners; work closely with the Partner Program to determine needed tool sets to drive partner enablement and autonomy; owns, monitors, reports on, and drives technical enablement activities for assigned partner base.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management in helping to define product requirements and usability from the Channel POV.
- Mentor in-geo Pure Storage SEs on how to manage and deliver partner enablement plan for their partner base leveraging the Pure Partner Ambassador Program; Provide on the job training for partner SE’s by allowing partner SE’s to shadow presentations and evaluation installations.
- Coordinate partner training activities with wide range of Pure Storage field & corporate resources.
- Provide ad-hoc support for evaluations and post sales issues with partner engineers, and quickly transition them to appropriate pure storage internal resources.
- Present at national, regional and in-geo channel driven marketing activities.
- Collaborates with Pure Channel SEs, CTMs and in-geo SEs & CAMs, PureIQ trainers.
What You Bring To The Team
- Strong cross functional leadership and excellent communications skills to drive consensus across groups both internally and within the Channel/Partner organizations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and can clearly and effectively articulate Pure’s value and technical leadership.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, to prioritize effectively to think big picture, and to use good judgment in resolving difficult issues.
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of multi-tiered client/server computing solutions.
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentations.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives).
- Familiarity with Artificial intelligence, ML, Big Data, IOT and the associated applications/architectures.
- VMWARE, WINDOWS, LINUX, UNIX OS, NFS, SMB file systems, and UNIX distributed network environments.
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems. (Plus)
- Knowledge of Hypervisor Technologies (VMWare, Citrix, MSoft), Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking.
- Channel Account Management experience with a proven track record of success
- Existing relationships with key partners in the region.
- Possess high EiQ and dealing with people in multi-culture environment.
- Passion, Commitment and drive for success working in a Motivated Team environment.
- 5-10 years minimum experience supporting the Sales / Channels of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.