About the Company:
Mentor Collective is an unapologetically good business. Every dollar of revenue we generate leads to greater belonging and social mobility for 100,000s of students and employees across the country. We are committed to closing the equity gap in post-secondary education and have built a diverse, performance-oriented team to accomplish our ambitions.
As the leading provider of impact-driven mentoring programs, we partner with 150+ higher education institutions to provide students with a relevant, trained peer, professional, or alumni mentor. Our partner institutions have seen an average reduction in melt rates of -13.79% and an average increase in retention of +3.84% through the relational support provided by the more than 180,000 mentorships we have created since our inception in 2015.
Mentor Collective was named one of the Top 100 Best Remote Companies to Work For in 2022, and one of the Top Ten Best Small Companies to Work For in Boston in 2020 and 2021! (Learn more about our culture here.)
About the Partner Success Team:
The Partner Success team is responsible for onboarding new partner institutions into Mentor Collective, and working with our administrative partners to implement, manage, assess, and expand our mentorship programs.
Partner Success manages the full cycle of mentorship program design, implementation, maintenance, assessment, renewal, and expansion, including:
Our partners are at the heart of everything we do, and with outstanding program outcomes, customer satisfaction scores, and renewal rates, the Partner Success team is at the epicenter of our company.
About the Role:
Do you believe in the power of mentorship to change people’s lives? Are you motivated by the mission of helping universities improve experiences and outcomes for every student? Do you thrive in a busy, high-pressure environment? We’re looking for a creative problem solver, organizational standout, and active communicator who is collaborative and feedback-oriented, data and results-driven, thorough and details-focused, and comfortable working independently.
As a Partner Success Operations Associate (PSO), you will help Mentor Collective's partner schools to enhance students’ sense of belonging, self-efficacy, and achievement through mentorship. You and your team will be responsible for ensuring that our programs are well-implemented and produce great outcomes for the institutions we serve, and their students. You will work directly with Mentor Collective’s Program Success Managers to help schools run transformative mentorship programs for their students.
This role will provide an exceptional foundation for a career in customer success.
Vision for this role:
- Integral part of the team - you will work closely with Program Success Managers to run our mentorships program, and collaborate cross-functionally with Partner Success, Product/Engineering, and Marketing teams.
- Opportunities for influence - top performers will have the opportunity to influence and improve on Partner Success process and mentorship program implementation, and become a thought leader in mentorships research, interventions, and innovation.
- Opportunities for growth - Top performers will be able develop specializations within Partner Success Operations and take leadership roles within those areas (e.g., data analysis, mentor/mentee communications), and/or may be able to take on program management (Program Success Manager) or team management (Partner Success Operations Manager) roles, after 12-18 months or more, depending on performance and business need.
- Work with the Partner Success team to ensure we are meeting the goals of our university partners, so we can expand our impact to additional groups of students.
- Leverage our internal project management tools and technologies to ensure our programs go according to plan and schedule.
- Match mentors and mentees in impactful mentorship relationships using our proprietary tools.
- Identify technical bugs and act quickly to find temporary solutions and communicate issues to Product/Engineering.
- Create and administer marketing, recruitment, and encouragement campaigns to engage students and mentors throughout a mentorship program.
- Conduct data analysis, source testimonials, and prepare presentations to report on our programs’ progress, and demonstrate their impact to our partners.
- Own evidence-based projects that affect the mentorship experience for thousands of individuals.
- Support student mentees and their mentors in their mentorship relationships, and in use of our platform, via email, text, and other methods.
- Help Mentor Collective improve our programs by passing on major insights to our Product and Partner Success teams.
- Support mentors and mentees throughout their mentorship journey through community management initiatives.
Example goals/KPIs include:
- Achieving program goals (e.g. matching a certain percentage of students with mentors)
- Ensuring target percentage of programs are on track for renewal through monitoring program health (e.g. tracking mentor mentee engagement and satisfaction metrics)
- Executing on deliverables on time and up to quality standards, as approved by Program Success Managers and the Associate Director of Partner Success
- You’re looking for an opportunity to jump-start or continue building your career in Customer Success, Implementations, or Professional Services.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a high degree of personal organization and attention to detail. You get uncomfortable when a meeting doesn’t have an agenda and you love to color code your task manager.
- You are comfortable with prioritizing deadlines in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- You are obsessed with efficiency and process. Identifying problems and proposing solutions energizes you.
- You are a proactive communicator and self-driven learner.
- You love change and enjoy adapting to new processes.
- You have a deep understanding of and comfort using G Suite.
- You have a real passion for helping institutions better support their students, and helping students fulfill their potential.
- 1-2 years experience in customer support, customer service, consulting, or account management.
- 1-2 years experience in a startup environment.
- Experience in education, either at a school or in a related field.
- Experience in student leadership and other campus leadership.
- Experience using Slack.
- Experience using Asana.
- U.S. work authorization
- 75% EST working hours overlap
- Prior full-time remote experience
Benefits & Perks
- 100% remote company
- 6 Medical plans. One medical plan is 100% employer covered
- 5 Dental/Vision plans
- HSA, FSA, Dependent FSA options
- Unlimited PTO with a minimum requirement for employees
- Company-wide winter break PTO (paid time off)
- 401k benefits
- Annual continued professional budget to be spent at your discretion
- Stipend for WFH office set up
- Flexible work schedule, ability to work remotely while traveling
- Mentor Collective was named the #1 Small Business in Boston and a Top 100 National Remote-First Employer in 2022. MC was also named to the Inc 5000 list in 2020 and 2021.
- Mentor Collective has built a highly inclusive performance culture; we are a values-driven company that hires, fires, promotes, and cultivates talents in alignment with 4 Core Values: Impact First, Be Accountable, Seek Learning, Embrace Collaboration.
- The company is a distributed group of 100+ FTEs with >90% of the company based in the United States.
You are welcome at Mentor Collective
Mentor Collective welcomes any and all people, embracing their age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation and expression, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, nationality, culture, religion and perspective. We want to create an inclusive and equitable work environment that reflects the very students and universities we serve.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.