GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Partner Help Desk Specialist - remote; United States
The Partner Help Desk Specialist reports to the Manager, Partner Help Desk.Partner Help Desk Specialist (Intermediate) Responsibilities
- Support Channel Sales Manager in the Partner on-boarding process; contracts, portal training, enablement, etc.
- Support your assigned channel to understand, navigate and meet milestones in the Gitlab Partner Program; including accreditations, badging, certifications.
- Support partner in all stages of the customer lifecycle; demand database management, deal registration, quote creation, order processing, add-ons & renewals etc.
- Execute sales and marketing enablement to channel & distribution partners.
- Support the execution of GTM, Sales, Marketing, Channel Services.
- Document processes and best practices to enable Help Desk team members, Partners, Channel Sales, Operations and Sales.
- Previous experience of supporting sales or channel sales ideally within the same product category and channel.
- Experience selling in the Software Development Tools and/or Application Lifecycle Management space via channel partnerships.
- Experience selling or supporting Open Source Solutions.
- Demonstrated progressive experience with B2B sales.
- Interest in GitLab and open source software.
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and relationship builder with partners and GitLab teams.
- Excellent sales support skills, proficiency with Salesforce a plus.
- Broad personal network within the industry.
- Driven, highly motivated and results driven.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab.
- Desire to learn the use of the GitLab platform.
- Ability to use GitLab.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $67,000-$118,000 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.